News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Klone (aion's Refractor)

Started by ch1naski, October 27, 2013, 07:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Rocked and boxed, but not really played thru yet. First time with a Centuar circuit, so I'm not really sure what to expect due to the hype.

Used Bat 41 diodes since my whole stash of germanium diodes all showed fv below 25mv.

I do hope I like it.

I like the polished aluminum look enclosure from mammoth, but every little nick and scuff shows up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

Guybrush

Looks great! I wouldn't worry about the scuffs, they really don't affect the look. Nice guts too!

Let me know how you get on with the circuit. I've been thinking about building one and would like to know what you think.

jprizz

Looks good! But using BAT 41 in this pedal may cause all the hype to fade away as everyone knows that mythical animals such as centaurs and Unicorns are afraid of bats and there for run away from them...
nah.. I'm just horsing around Joshing you. I really have no clue to what I'm talking about.

Hope you do like it! I too am curious with all the hype surrounding this circuit.
-Josh

hoodoo

Nice mate, very tidy in and out. I thought that i'd seen every horsey picture used on klones, this is a new one, cool  ;D

Cortexturizer

Very nice man! Let me know what you think about the circuit
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

ch1naski

Well, thanks, guys. :)
So, I've been playing out of it for a couple hours, and find it's one of those that likes amp tone controls set neutral, and the tone control on the pedal rolled back.
Could just be my build, but it is a bit on the treble-heavy side. But I do hear the slight midrange in it that I hear when Jim Campilongo uses his Klon.
It takes a bit of twiddling to get the sound I like out of it, but that's me....
I'm going to hold back judgement until I get proper clipping diodes for it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
one louder.