News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Nuts

Started by aballen, October 31, 2013, 11:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

Ok, I think I'm finally ready for my first multi-pedal.  I'm looking for some input cause I really have to narrow it down... The idea being one box, possibly with a built in power supply, containing my favorite effects.

No I'm not calling it the Andromeda 3.0, but I don't think I want to call it "the nuts" either, suggestions on the name welcome too.

I'm not sure if all these will play well together, is it safe to share a power supply?

Here is what I'm thinking.

• Cornish buffer
  • BMP(Mudbunny... which version, can't decide, thinking a P-19, or maybe a triangle with a sonic screwdriver on a switch)
  • Small Clone, tonepad, with road rage @15V
  • Univibe, Harbinger One, with road rage @15V
  • Phase 90, tonepad... or maybe a stage fright... doh! can't decide here either.
  • Multiplex Echo Machine.... or maybe a DBD at @15V?... my last two MN3005 ?
  • Reverb... rub-a-dub, tenebrion, or prismatic... can't decide

All with opto-trons of course.

Anyway, I expect it will cost me, and take some time... so I better start building now!

hoodoo

I can't answer your question, but i'm sure looking forward to seeing it when it's done, sounds like a monster, all the best, Matt. :)

Scruffie

You'll need decent current... and keep the Small Clone & DBD boards and wiring away from each other as well as any charge pumps giving you 15V, So Small clone, DBD, and each charge pump for that, plus the charge pump for the nautilus need to be ALL well separated, shielded wire if you can and I suggest a separate series resistor and cap to ground filter for each charge pump. That is 5 clocks that could heterodyne, 2 is bad enough! However, with careful planning in a large box, you should still be fine.

If a board doesn't have a series resistor + cap to ground power filtering as power goes in (not down the line) be sure to add it to it too.

And try and use star grounding... not sure about digital and analog grounding between those that need it and don't.

Lots of warning there but don't let it put you off, sure it's quite doable, just suggesting precautions :)

Oh and PT2399s do have a clock (as does the verb) but not sure at what speeds they run at...

TL;DR Make it neat, filtered, well spaced and shielded.
Works at Lectric-FX

aballen

Thanks scruffier.  I'm Going to hunt for an enclosure and think about the power.  This enclosure will
Have to be big

aballen

Hey scruffie.  Can you opine me to some good shielded wire for stomp boxes?