News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Stock options, will there be stock options? Is love for name to be there, it'd be an honor. I ain't skeered.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

muddyfox

they know more about me than I do myself and what they don't know they can find out in a New York minute so I don't mind...

jimilee

Quote from: muddyfox on November 16, 2013, 07:24:41 AM
they know more about me than I do myself and what they don't know they can find out in a New York minute so I don't mind...
rigjt, I hope they'll have more luck with my identity than I have! :-)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Quote from: pickdropper on November 16, 2013, 06:35:00 AM
We could also just put the monikers people use on the forum.

Yeah, we could do that. But I don't see the harm in first name/last name. Without some other piece of identifying information, there's not much value in just a name. No way would we publish email addresses. That's just stupid and also there's no point to it. Besides, the NSA already has all that.

But if a few folks are uncomfortable with it, we can just drop it. No biggie. We just wanted to give credit to our supporters on the company site. But we're happy to take all the credit ourselves.  ;D

The idea was to be like some of the Kickstarter projects out there. For projects like funding a band's album or funding an indy movie, lots of those project will include the supporter's names on their site (or liner notes, or credits) as part of the "value" of contributing money.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

kothoma

Quote from: culturejam on November 16, 2013, 08:12:52 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on November 16, 2013, 06:35:00 AM
We could also just put the monikers people use on the forum.

Yeah, we could do that.

Hm. There is no connection between the forum moniker and the paypal order.
Perhaps you could ask every buyer what he prefers when you send the shipping notification?

But I don't see the harm in first name/last name. Without some other piece of identifying information, there's not much value in just a name.

I disagree. The contradition is right there: if there's not much value then why use it?
And I can think of many good reasons for staying anonymous.

Vallhagen

Dont wanna whine or anything, but fwiw:

I dont have any problems with my name (as in first/last) showing up in a "thanx to.." or "credit" list. Its just an honor.

Cheerio
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

madbean

Quote from: kothoma on November 16, 2013, 08:27:20 AM
I disagree. The contradition is right there: if there's not much value then why use it?
And I can think of many good reasons for staying anonymous.

I think his point was that there is no value in a name in terms of someone exploiting that information. The value to us is quite different. But, there is no reason to make anyone uncomfortable so I expect we'll figure out an alternate way of saying thanks.

rullywowr

I think a good compromise would be first name and last initial. What do you guys think?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

madbean

jimilee

neiloler

OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

DutchMF

Quote from: Vallhagen on November 16, 2013, 09:59:35 AM

I dont have any problems with my name (as in first/last) showing up in a "thanx to.." or "credit" list. Its just an honor.

Cheerio

Same here: Hi, my name is Paul van der Zijde, and I'm a pedal-build-aholic!  ;)
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Quote from: DutchMF on November 16, 2013, 01:08:04 PM
Quote from: Vallhagen on November 16, 2013, 09:59:35 AM

Cheerio

Same here: Hi, my name is Paul van der Zijde, and I'm a pedal-build-aholic!  ;)
Oh....so you haven't started building amps and guitars yet? Get out while you still can!!!!

alanp

Quote from: rullywowr on November 16, 2013, 10:34:07 AM
I think a good compromise would be first name and last initial. What do you guys think?

That's me!

<<<<<<
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website