News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Quote from: pickdropper on December 16, 2013, 09:31:46 AM
The one you posted above will only allow one circuit one active at a given time.  Is that what you are looking for?  If so , you could use a DPDT as a selector switch ( 3PDT if you want to use separate LEDs).

Yes, that's what I've been trying to do. Isn't that the intention of the build? That you have 2 independent Fuzz-Effects in one pedal?
I guess both ways will lead to the same end. Except that I could enable both effects at the same time with your second option. But is there a point even doing so? wouldn't there be just a shitload of distortion, which makes your original tone unrecognizable? Also, if you say that two 3PDT stomps won't fit in an 1590A, that's not really an option if you indeed want to build it in that casing.

EDIT: I just had a look at the 1590A casing again (it's my first time with that one) and I have to admit, that my switching would never fit. I even doubt, that I could fit one stomp a regular switch and 4 potentiometers... Guess, I'll get a 1590B or something similar.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

All solid points.  I used a DPDT to switch the inputs and outputs and then used the standard wrong diagram ( similar to what you drew, but no individual LED).  It was tight, but it did fit in a 1590a.

I didn't do two separate 3PDT stomps because I wanted to fit it in a 1590a, but I suspect many people will build it that way so that they can choose either one while playing without having to lean over and flip the toggle switch.

There's no wrong way, just different preferences.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

m-Kresol

Thanks for your fast replies. After looking at the casing i just have to ask how on earth you managed to put 4 potentiometers in that casing? Did you put some on the side walls or are all of them on top? I'd really like to see your final stompbox, if you find time for it.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

I've actually posted it already in the build reports section.  You can find it under the title "FaceBender."

I'm on my phone now, but let me know if you can't find a link and I'll add it to the thread later.
Function f(x)

alanp

Sorry for the dredge, but there's a certain black humour in the NoMoJo for me.

It might claim to be mojo-free, but I still wind up ordering from suppliers I normally don't touch for this "no mojo", and still get stung for shipping ;) :)  :P (Mouser for the smd parts; I had to order some other stuff, so grabbed 'em while I was at it. I think Mouser automatically adds on the $39 shipping when they see "Alan" anywhere in the order, even if I just have small parts.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on January 29, 2014, 12:00:43 AM
Sorry for the dredge, but there's a certain black humour in the NoMoJo for me.

It might claim to be mojo-free, but I still wind up ordering from suppliers I normally don't touch for this "no mojo", and still get stung for shipping ;) :)  :P (Mouser for the smd parts; I had to order some other stuff, so grabbed 'em while I was at it. I think Mouser automatically adds on the $39 shipping when they see "Alan" anywhere in the order, even if I just have small parts.)
Did you miss the group buy for the SMD stuff?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Like I said, I needed to get other stuff while I was at it, so I didn't want to bother them.

But my point still stands; "group buy" for plain, no mojo stuff? ;) ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Govmnt_Lacky

Is there any news on the Function Fx launch?  :-\

Since there are only 4 more days in the First Quarter of 2014, and there is no feedback system on the site, I figured I would ask here.

Updates??

pickdropper

Unfortunately, we are definitely not going to make it out in the first quarter.  The good news is that we are making progress.  Towards the end of the 2nd quarter or early 3rd is more likely.
Function f(x)

GrindCustoms

Got a nice «Thank You» card from Brian thursday with some Cryo picks in it.

Thanks a bunch!

Can't wait for the launch of this line of product, i want signed pedals! ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Here's a teaser shot of the overdrive we're working on.  I haven't had a chance to goop the outside yet.   ;D

Function f(x)

nzCdog

Thomas_H

Quote from: pickdropper on April 05, 2014, 07:08:03 AM
Here's a teaser shot of the overdrive we're working on.  I haven't had a chance to goop the outside yet.   ;D
Oh no!  It has a tone control!

.........  Sorry  ::)
DIY-PCBs and projects:

the3secondrule

Quote from: pickdropper on April 05, 2014, 07:08:03 AM

Rowr! I don't even care what it sounds like. I want it  8)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

madbean

We've been pretty quiet but also very busy. Some products got shelved, and new ones have taken their place. We're really very close to the manufacturing stage now.