News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A Klon

Started by ChrisM, November 02, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisM

My first 1590A build. Always thought the enclosure size was too small and limiting but since getting a Ditto Looper and now this small Klon I am warming up to these tiny enclosures.

Surprisingly the build together went very smoothly, limited curse words while building which I was not expecting. My Envirotex finishing is even getting better, so all around a enjoyable build.

The PCB is an Apis PCB from Beehive Pedals. Nicely designed PCB that fit perfectly. I found using ribbon cable made this build way easier.

Other than that the pedal is just a standard true bypass Klon. Sold my 1790NS Klon on vero (built when the circuit was degooped 5 or so years ago) to fund this smaller build. Same sound with a third of the real estate on my pedal board.

rullywowr

Looks great!  Very tidy wiring job.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

alanp

More and more people seem to be using 0-ohm jumpers, they make things look so tidy sometimes :)

What Ge clipping diodes are those, and what 1/4" jacks did you use?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jean-Rock

Well done mate, looks very good !
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

hoodoo

Great looking build mate, i'm curious about those diodes also? all the best, Matt.

evildead222

Wow thats impressive you must be masochistic!

ChrisM

Quote from: alanp on November 02, 2013, 08:32:52 PM
More and more people seem to be using 0-ohm jumpers, they make things look so tidy sometimes :)

What Ge clipping diodes are those, and what 1/4" jacks did you use?
Ge diodes are some old 1N34A I got from a local electronics store years ago. They must look cool!

I ordered a couple different sets of jacks to try on this 1590A build, wanted to see what worked best.
In the end I settled on these http://ca.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=NYS2343virtualkey56810000virtualkey568-NYS234-3
I think these are the same ones Pickdropper uses.

pickdropper

I either use those or the Switchcraft 111.  The body of the enclosed socket is effectively the same.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper