Started by alanp, November 03, 2013, 09:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Awesome, awesome! Mystery switches.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

jimilee

I want to hear it!!! I'm feeling like imma need one
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

I.know right?
I really want one of these, too

one louder.

alanp

Had a bit of sunlight left (7pm at time of posting), thought I'd show you how I deal with odd size boxes (1790NS), no templates, or incomplete templates.

Firstly, if I have some kind of rough template, I will stick it on with masking tape, after checking that it is correct. (I learnt this with Horace. Horace is not symmetrical horizontally. I was very careful with the Rissole to make sure that it WAS. Embarassingly, I only learnt a week ago that Eagle prints 1:1 scale templates from .BRD files, if you strip out all the electrical stuff.)

Once it's on, and I've had a rough guess with testfitting parts, I start adding MORE masking tape. (Seriously, guys, masking tape is magic. Doesn't leave sticky crap, and you can write on it.) Check clearances by holding parts in the gap between template and walls, and then mark down the centers on the masking tape. (Try THAT with Sellotape!)

Once everything is marked, I put unusual parts inside it and screw the back on (rattlerattlerattle... I have a small library of the usual suspects next to the drill press for checking sizes against the set of drill bits.) Then it's off to Dad's workshop. Which is where I'm going with this either Friday, if I finish early, or Saturday, if I don't.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ch1naski

Not too far off from my procedure....

one louder.

LaceSensor

Quote from: jimilee on November 06, 2013, 08:57:24 PM

pretty sure it will sound like a lovetone meatball. plenty of demos on youtube...

Govmnt_Lacky

WANT... WANT... WANT...  8)

alanp

Finished work early.

Getting a board with six pots, four rotaries, and two LED's to fit is a bloody nuisance.

Yes, with expression pedal jacks! And the usual FX loop :)

This Rissole is done cooking. Turn the oven off 180 degrees to cool down now. For me, at least :D

As you'd expect, it responds a LOT better with the back on, and the LDR's in complete darkness (when not receiving light from the LED's.) I spent a bit of time working out the setting placements on the switches, and so labelled it. My excuse for the CD marker and not paint or India Ink is that I didn't relish the idea of doing writing that fine. Yeah. That's it!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

ch1naski

That Is RAD.

one louder.

jimilee

Quote from: LaceSensor on November 07, 2013, 01:54:15 AM
Quote from: jimilee on November 06, 2013, 08:57:24 PM

pretty sure it will sound like a lovetone meatball. plenty of demos on youtube...
Maybe...... :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

LaceSensor

Guitarmageddon

Killer work!
I'm going to try the Ldr/led combo too.
This is just the kind of inspiration I need to finish my meatball.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

alanp

Sorry for the semi-dredge, but just a small note.

After playing around with this some more, I'm finding it a lot more usable than the Nautilus. I don't have to muck about with gain (SCREEEEEE!), or whatever sweep is, or peak. The Range switch is kick-ass in dialing it in, and with the blend and colour I can go from subtle to trippy.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

ch1naski

Are you planning on posting to the Osh Park thread?

one louder.

croquet hoop