News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Log -- Rissole - COMPLETED

Started by alanp, November 03, 2013, 09:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Looking forwards to build reports :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

muddyfox

Sure thing!
I've been populating the Dopp 1.4 these days but with all the food and the bubbly, it's been real slow going.  ::)

alanp

Got a FV500H the other day, and with it plugged into the Intensity jack, the Rissole can do a somewhat odd wah impression. (I don't have very good foot technique, due to never owning a wah, so I don't know how to demo this.)

Doesn't work with relatively low impedance expression pedals, you need a high impedance volume pedal (only using the Out jack.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Strategy

alanp any board run planned?
I built Meat Sphere and am very happy with it but always keen to try more and have a close friend who doesn't DIY and has wanted this for years so thinking about doing another would be pleased to try Rissole.

alanp

I don't have any boards at the moment :( but someone else might have a spare one, or you could order from OSHpark

http://oshpark.com/profiles/alanp
- Terry Pratchett
My website

muddyfox

Dude, I have one board left from my Osh order. I'm taking one, Jimilee is taking the second one and I have one unspoken for.
It's actually on it's way to me from Osh as we speak. If you want it hit me up with a PM.

Guitafuzz

There is any board available for me?

Hangingmonkey

Probably jumping on this too late but do you still have a pcb for sale?  Ill send you a pm.

muddyfox

Sorry, i'm all out...

sent from my mobile device

LaceSensor

you can lead a horse to oshpark but you cant get them to stump up $60

JZA

Nearly there on my oshpark Rissole build.
Not enveloping yet though . I had 5c3 vactrols in but replaced them with led ldr , thinking that was the problem,  I don't have the power led installed nor do I have the moog switch installed yet, waiting for further parts for those. Thought it should work withou?
Is it ok to omit these or not?
Any other advice on what to try please.

alanp

I'd strongly advise to put the moog switch in, since it's in the state variable filter's feedback loop. Even if you just patch the middle lug to one of the outer ones (doesn't hugely matter, for testing purposes.)

Is the envelope detector working properly? (It's the LED next to the potentiometers.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

JZA

I pinched a toggle switch from another project and popped it in, but still no envelope, just studying my other pcb's and am quite sure that gnd 9,10,11 are not connected via traces ! Seems obvious why I'm getting no envelope now! Also it appears d7 is back to front . The square pad goes to 9v so I assume that's a mistake on the PCB? We'll I will get all the grounds connected and see where I standon the power led. I am sure not using a stomp pedal is the reason for me not seeing this before. Still can't see why gnd aren't connected with traces? Ok back in 5 minutes.

JZA

Oh my mistake with a continuity test I see all gnd pads are connected after all. Still can't make senseof the power led yet .. seems integral to the circuit tho , maybe that's my problem.
So I guess what I am now asking is how to wire the led pad and d7 without stomp switch . Maybe then I will have envelope ... Thanks for your patience.