News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cry Baby feet?

Started by DutchMF, November 06, 2013, 10:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Does anyone know what size and pitch the screws are that hold down the Cry Baby feet? I've tried every screw I have here, none of them fit!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

davent

Not metric, on mine they check out to be 6-32, same as Hammond enclosure screws.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

DutchMF

Quote from: davent on November 06, 2013, 11:02:32 AM
Not metric, on mine they check out to be 6-32, same as Hammond enclosure screws.

Tried those, didn't fit..... Could it be they used different sizes for different production runs?

davent

That is always a possibility, i've got a few others i may be able to find and check out later.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Checked two more Cry Baby's from the last 20 plus years and a Vox and they're all the same. Were they ever manufactured outside the USA?

Checked threads with one of these. http://toolguyd.com/lee-valleys-nut-bolt-thread-identifier-tool/

DutchMF

Thanks for the effort Dave, much appreciated. I'll check out that link When I'm back home from work. Tonight I'm in the rehearsal space where my main board is, so I'll just rip the feet off my stock Cry Baby, and put them on my Weener.......  ;)

Paul

rullywowr

I seem to remember that they are 6-32 self tapping...

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!