Main Menu

krankasauras

Started by dwstanford, February 23, 2011, 07:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwstanford

krankasauras build

[attachment deleted by admin]

madbean

I love the look of this thing. The mix of red and black labels really does it for me, for some reason!

dwstanford

I brought this pedal to work with me to get one of my co-workers to test it out and I left it on the table in our general break room area and someone thought it was a detonator for a bomb.  They alerted security and everything and I had to explain that i was a musician, not a terrorist.  (but what's the difference?). Either way, if it looks enough like a weapon to scare people, I feel I have succeeded.

madbean

sst4270

Yes. Definitely the best story ever. You need one more label across the middle that says" This is not a bomb detonator!"

Myramyd

I almost soiled myself that was so funny. Glad you didn't get put in Gitmo!

I agree about the red and black Dymo label mix. So simple that it's cool.

J

redbean

Quote from: dwstanford on February 23, 2011, 08:06:04 AM
I brought this pedal to work with me to get one of my co-workers to test it out and I left it on the table in our general break room area and someone thought it was a detonator for a bomb.  They alerted security and everything and I had to explain that i was a musician, not a terrorist.  (but what's the difference?). Either way, if it looks enough like a weapon to scare people, I feel I have succeeded.

HAHAHA!!  :D

Are those automobile indicator lights (LEDs)? I'd like to get a couple if you don't mind sharing your source.
es là-bas!!

dwstanford

they are actually from Radio Shack.  They come with pre-fitted with a resistor, so all you have to do is attach the leads.  they are about a buck or more apiece, which is pretty expensive for led's, but i like the way they look.

bigmufffuzzwizz

oooh nice!! you've got everything there that you REALLY need!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

redbean

Quote from: dwstanford on June 05, 2011, 04:17:52 PM
they are actually from Radio Shack.  They come with pre-fitted with a resistor, so all you have to do is attach the leads.  they are about a buck or more apiece, which is pretty expensive for led's, but i like the way they look.

Thanks! I like 'em, which makes it worth a buck. :)
es là-bas!!