News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny back in stock - new look

Started by madbean, November 07, 2013, 09:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The 2013 Mudbunny is here! This version is identical circuit-wise to the previous one, but now comes in Norwegian Death Metal Black. The project doc has been updated: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Mudbunny/docs/Mudbunny.pdf

PS the version pictured below is the Civil War build, with BC549C in Q2, Q3 and 2n7000 clippers. Sounds pretty good. I'll probably change Q1 and Q4 to something else...just cause.

pryde

Awesomeness. I hear the death-metal black sounds even better than the original. I'm in.  ;)

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

madbean

Bret608

This is awesome! I had always assumed Mudbunny was some kind of reference to Mudhoney, the famous BMP users. Now that I know it's a Fraggle Rock reference, I want to build it even more. When I was like 9 years old, my best friend said I was a lot like Wembley!   :)

icecycle66

I have three older empty version boards available.  I've posted them on a few other forums for $125 per, but for Madbean members with more than 200 comments I'll offer them up for $60 per.

;D

catfud

Blues Healer

first, I'd like to say thanks for this project ... I've built several now, and each one has turned out great. I've only run into a couple of minor problems that I solved pretty easily.
The new board looks great, and the 9V pad location alone is a nice improvement.
Below are some of my builds -- they include a couple of Green Russians, two Mayos, a Triangle, and a "71 Classic".

"music heals"

alanp

After starting to solder one (Ultrastoner), I've found a fair problem with these Black Metal mudbunny boards.

You can't write on the back, on a clear part of the PCB, which spec it is. (This is needed, esp when you have a dodgy memory sometimes.) I've got a bit of masking tape on it now with the spec written on that :)

{/black humour}
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

das234

Clayford

Quote from: alanp on February 13, 2014, 06:44:19 AM
After starting to solder one (Ultrastoner), I've found a fair problem with these Black Metal mudbunny boards.

You can't write on the back, on a clear part of the PCB, which spec it is. (This is needed, esp when you have a dodgy memory sometimes.) I've got a bit of masking tape on it now with the spec written on that :)

{/black humour}

Alan - I'm not sure if you're aware, but they make sharpies in colors other than black. I'm quite fond of my metallic ones
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Rockhorst

Will the Mudbunny ever get its mid knob back?

Clayford

Quote from: Rockhorst on February 22, 2014, 11:42:06 AM
Will the Mudbunny ever get its mid knob back?
Jack Orman's Mid/Presence knob mod
R18 would become a B25k pot with a 3k3 (or use any value between 1k and 33k) resistor in series - the easiest way to do this is solder the left leg in and lift up the right one. Trim the leg(not all the way!). Solder a wire to the leg and then connect that wire to pin 3 of your pot. Pins 1 and 2 now connect to the right hole of R18. Brian left this resistor as the "stock" value for the original version of the Mudbunny.

Optional but also recommended, socket and experiment with C10, using the original value up to your value for C11

Socketing is always encouraged.

Always,

Uncle Traveling Matt
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Rockhorst

Yeah I know the mod. There has been a Mudbunny version with it on the board. I'd like a 4 knob (2x2) with board mounted pots. It's quite a nice mod. I sometimes use it, sometimes don't. It would be great if there were two versions available. Maybe i'll design it myself, but i'm not really in the mood for that right now.