News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fiery RedHead, my take on the Weener (Mojo content, be warned!)

Started by DutchMF, November 09, 2013, 03:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

This one has been on my 'to do'-list for a long time, check out this old thread: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=8217.msg71189#msg71189
But now I finally finished my Weener, and first I have to get some Weener stuff of my chest:
-My Weener is the best I've ever done
-My Weener was a pain in the ass (to build)
-My Weener replaces an 18yo (more on that later)
-My Weener has two Godfathers (Thanks Timbo, and especially Joe Gagan!)

Now for some pics of my Weener........ ;)

Big thanks go out to Timbo for the caps and transistors, and to Joe Gagan for the shell, thread, pot, inductor and loads of advice/ knowledge!

Now some details:
-Both the PEAK and FREQ trimmers moved to external pots. These will be replaced by pots with some detents when I can get my hands on them, but it's nice to have all that control on the outside!
-Two switches: one switches the buffer in or out, as per the schemo. The other switches R4 between 390R and 0R, for a dirtier sound.... Nice!
-Inductor is one of Joe Gagans Red Devils. It now is blue. It is awesome, try it!!!
-Pot is one of Joe's MilSpec ones, it looks cool, no more info....
-Caps and trannies are vintage units provided by Timbo, thanks dude!!
-As you can see in the last pic, the carpet matches the drapes, as on any real redhead.........

And here is the sappy bit: This build is dedicated to my wife Esther, my favourite Redhead! She made a huge impression on me on our first date (almost 8 years ago!) by even knowing what a wahwah was, and naming a couple of songs that featured one! She rocks!!!!!!

Paul

PS: this is the 18yo she'll be replacing......

Battered as she is, she served me well for a long time, I really, really love this wah!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

rullywowr

Paul, looks awesome man!  Really love the mojo components and custom stomp pad.  I'm sure it's easy to put some fixed detent rotary switches in there later once you determine the sweet spot resistor/cap settings.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jimilee

POW! I love Redheads!!! HOw about a demo...and one of the pedal also!  8)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

Quote from: jimilee on November 09, 2013, 04:03:43 PM
Jimi, as much as I love you, you'll never get a demo of my favourite redhead..... But as the wah goes, demo will be made, just not sure when. It's saturday evening here right now, time for a beer (or 6)!!!!!!

jimilee

Quote from: DutchMF on November 09, 2013, 04:07:38 PM
Jimi, as much as I love you, you'll never get a demo of my favourite redhead..... But as the wah goes, demo will be made, jut not sure when. It's saturday evening here right now, time for a beer (or 6)!!!!!!
;D Enjoy the spoils of your victory!!!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

Quote from: jimilee on November 09, 2013, 04:08:52 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on November 09, 2013, 04:07:38 PM
Jimi, as much as I love you, you'll never get a demo of my favourite redhead..... But as the wah goes, demo will be made, jut not sure when. It's saturday evening here right now, time for a beer (or 6)!!!!!!
;D Enjoy the spoils of your victory!!!
Cheers Jimi!

joegagan

wow, looks gorgeous. really impressive work there. honored to be involved for sure. realy nice job on the red finish , also looks great contrasting the carved rubber pad.

looking forward to hearing the clipz!

sonarchotic

Stomptown

Bret608

Looks awesome, Paul! I'm not a huge wah guy but man this thing is looking good.

Curtain matches the drapes, lol!

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/