News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombii -- in a 125B on perf

Started by alanp, November 09, 2013, 04:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

So, I wanted a Zombii. I didn't want to bother Keefe for just one board, seemed a waste, though. And I didn't want to get a fabbed one for such a simple circuit.

So I decided to make life difficult for myself.

This is how I wired it -- a mix of point to point on the pot lugs, and perf for the transistors plus other components. I do not recommend this.

I can recommend the transistors, though -- a tested pair from Fuzziebro in Dunedin, two AC188's tested at 100 hfe each, low leakage. I also got a bunch of AC187's in those groovy metal box things as well, gonna test 'em in the Cosmo when I get the chance.

Quite a neat little circuit, this. Not as insane as reports of other zombii's and FF's I've heard of, but it's still a very nice fuzz :) The stab adds a nice drone in some parts of the rotation, sounds a bit like a pedal note.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Wow at the wires and such! Nicely executed. My guitar player loves the one I built, with it's crazy oscillations. I used an 80 in the first and like a 130 in the second if memory serves. Got them from Chromesphere. Thinking of trying one on vero myself.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.