News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4 builds & 1 re-decal

Started by juansolo, November 13, 2013, 01:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewire

Hey Juan,
Excellent work.  Love the look of the Small Clone.  I've been thinking about the Emma Reezafratzitz.  Now seeing that you built the Reezafratzitz, I'll have to give it a try soon.

Sibob

Very cool builds.
I'm not familiar with the Optical Bypass boards you're using (I can see they're 1776 Effects).  What are the thoughts/pros etc of Optical Bypass? Is it along the same lines as a relay?

Cheers
Si

juansolo

Pluses of the Optotron.
- No pop
- More robust stomp
- Easier/neater wiring
- Still grounds the effect

Downside
- Relatively expensive

For me the plusses far outweigh the cost aspect and it's all I use now.

The only time I use 3PDT is when I have no other choice. In the UK you can't get decent ones anyhow and I've had a few reliability issues with the Chinese ones from Tayda.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

croquet hoop

Awesome builds, I particularly like the Small Clone. You piqued my curiosity about the Reezathing too.

I see that you've used these open frame Kobiconn jacks in a few builds lately, do they feel as sturdy as Switchcraft/Neutrik jacks?

juansolo

They seem to be and when we've used up our stash of open jacks, they'll be what we use instead. The only reason I used them in that build was that I planned to use enclosed jacks (hence low-pro components on the board and it's mounted quite high up), then completely forgot about that and drilled the holes where we'd normally put open jacks in. So neither open or the enclosed jacks fitted. Thankfully the new ones are tiny!

croquet hoop

Rockhorst

Quote from: juansolo on November 13, 2013, 01:05:38 PM
Banana?
An Emma Reezafratzitz clone built on a THN Technik board fabbed by Haberdasher. Really good distortion this one. I'm surprised it's not built more.

Why minions? Why Reezafratzitz...?

Clearly, all knobs should've been labelled BANANA

juansolo

LOL. It'd be impossible to use, but awesome.