News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover dead in the water. Help with voltages?

Started by TheCobbenator, November 15, 2013, 01:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCobbenator

Hey all.  Well after getting my v3205 build done fixed after replacing a busted BBD, my buddy wanted one too. So we opted for the MN3007 version. Well now I've got worse problems than my first build.

Signal passes through with input and output connected to testing rig, but No audio through testing rig with ground connected – Just some hum.

Double-checked all resistors, diode with meter, caps, trannies, chips, visually.

Measured voltages @ ICs, and there's something really fishy going on.  I know getting help with CL builds is probably like getting asked for change at the gas station, but any assistance would be incredible!

OneSpot power supply @ 9.40v   I highlighted the ones I thought looked within normal range. (in attachment)

TheCobbenator

I planned on getting it working, then adding the road rage to bump up the power to 15v.  Is this an even worse mistake?

Also noticed LM311P is not LM311N. Does this matter? I used the same tayda ICs I did on my first one.

Last thing. I tried probing it, but not sure where to go really. Any good Samaritan have a diagram of how the audio flows through the CL schematic?

alanp

My MN3008 Dirtbag build wouldn't bloody work until I gave it 15 volts. Then it was smooth as.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Scruffie

The current lover was designed for 9V operation originally so your plan is fine, although you will have to re-bias it.

Your 4558 voltages are off and your 3007 hasn't got a proper input bias voltage so it's something in the audio path.

So on the schematic, for now, ignore everything 4049 down, the rest  is where you're looking, a short or solder hair perhaps or bad joint.
Works at Lectric-FX

Govmnt_Lacky

You definitely have power issues. The Pin 3 of your LM324 is way off!

TheCobbenator

Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks for the tips. I went through and cleaned up the board as best I could and reflowed some stuff. She fired right up!

Didn't check voltages. Boxed and rebiased it with the road rage and buddy's very relieved to finally get his flanger he's been hassling me about forever.

It does feel a little more alive than my 9v build, but not enough to perform surgery to change it over! I love a good challenge, but this will probably be my last flanger build! Ha!  Happy Thanksgiving