News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first couple of vero builds

Started by diablochris6, November 14, 2013, 10:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I was traipsing around the woods the other day, when out of the blue, octoroks and moblins jumped out from some trees.  I ran into the nearest cave and encountered this...

In my hands appeared a pedal to help me on my quest to decimate the forces of a clean signal.  In my hands was the BIT:  LEGEND OF FUZZ!!!

This is a fun, trashy fuzz based off of the Devi Ever pedal.  With the gain all the way up, you can get some old school video game sounds with a little palm muting thrown in.  Why do I need it?  Why not!

I also put together a (non-mojo) version of the Emerson Drive.

One was a birthday gift for my dad, who encourages all this nerdery that I do.  Since it is such a simple and small circuit, I built one for myself to see what the hype was all about and put them in 1590As.  I swapped the transistor but can't remember with what right now.  I like the boost, but I don't know if I would drop over $100 for a pedal that has 5 components on its circuit.

Now a question.  I get my enclosures powder-coated from Mammoth Electronics and paint my designs and lettering with Testors enamel.  I let that dry and then spray a coat of clear gloss enamel over everything.  The spray seems to blur my paintjob.  Is there something wrong with my technique, or does it have to do with my materials?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

alanp

I like the Sierpinsky triangle :) What's with the ancient game screenshot?

Well done on the 1590A!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Gledison

Niceee nerddddd! ;)
Mate, i think the recipe is pretty simple! Try to use materials that are compatible with each other: enamel paint- enamel clear coat. Check on google for the other possible combinations. Some enamel paints will even dissolve a bit on the solvents of certain clear coats!
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

hylandren

As a total pedal beginner, I am envious, as I so want to get to the point where I can do vero builds. All in good time, I guess.

Gledison is correct, chemical incompatibility is the likely culprit and the safest bet is using the same kind of paints and clear coats. You might contact mamoth and ask what they powder coat with, then use the same thing for labeling & topcoat.

jimilee

Well done, I'm sure dad will dig it too.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

Alanp, since the original pedal's name and design is an homage to the video game "The Legend of Zelda," I thought it was appropriate to include the game scene as well as the Sierpinski triangle on the box, which was a symbol of power in the game.

alanp

Didn't know that, sorry. (Our family has only ever owned PCs, never, ever a console in the house.) Thought the triangle was a fractal reference.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

dropanchor812

Tight buildz duder.  Where's the build report on the orange squeezer you built?

diablochris6

Dropanchor, I have the circuit and the box, but I have to drill the enclosure and work on the graphics.  It will come soon!