News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole

Started by bcalla, November 23, 2013, 01:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I finished my Loophole last weekend, just now finding the time to post.  This was etched by Haberdasher, purchased from the discontinued PCB thread.  This is also my first attempt at Envirotex, thanks to everyone who posted their advice.  It came out pretty good, but I might start another thread to get a few questions answered.

It works pretty well, I need to spend a little more time getting the hang of it.  I also found a 90 second version of the voice recorder chip on eBay, I'm considering buying one of those.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Wouldn't mind hearing a clip!  8)

sonarchotic

Sounds like an interesting project. Looks great!

mcalaff

It looks grate!

Nice red/yellow diodes, hehe.

bcalla

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on November 23, 2013, 02:06:27 AM
Wouldn't mind hearing a clip!  8)
I haven't worked out a good way to record, or I'd be happy to oblige.  I tried to use my phone to enter the monthly contest earlier this year, and I couldn't get anything useful.  I assumed user error on my part, but I didn't have the patience to figure it out.

bcalla

If anyone is holding back on the Loophole because 20 seconds isn't long enough, I just put a 90 second chip in mine and it works perfectly.

I originally used the recommended ISD1020AP that Small Bear carries.  But a few weeks ago I was placing an order with a Chinese eBay vendor and noticed that they carried the ISD2590P, so I bought one and it works.  I'll post a link to the item if anyone is interested.

gtr2

Not sure how I missed this build report, but it looks top notch!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

karter2000

Quote from: bcalla on December 30, 2013, 12:51:37 AM
If anyone is holding back on the Loophole because 20 seconds isn't long enough, I just put a 90 second chip in mine and it works perfectly.

I originally used the recommended ISD1020AP that Small Bear carries.  But a few weeks ago I was placing an order with a Chinese eBay vendor and noticed that they carried the ISD2590P, so I bought one and it works.  I'll post a link to the item if anyone is interested.

Yeah, the link to the chip would be awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haberdasher

Hmm i never saw this report when it was new.
Looks really good!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigrigg

Quote from: bcalla on December 30, 2013, 12:51:37 AM

Thanks for the info on the 90 second chip.  I'm going to order one for my "Infinity" build I made about 2 yrs ago.  Here is an ebay link I found for anyone interested.  It's about $17 with shipping worldwide.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-ISD2590P-Single-Chip-Voice-Record-Playback-Devices-/221200358022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3380919a86

bcalla

Quote from: bigrigg on January 02, 2014, 12:40:52 AM
Thanks for the info on the 90 second chip.  I'm going to order one for my "Infinity" build I made about 2 yrs ago.  Here is an ebay link I found for anyone interested.  It's about $17 with shipping worldwide.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-ISD2590P-Single-Chip-Voice-Record-Playback-Devices-/221200358022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3380919a86

Yup, that's the same seller I got mine from.

m-Kresol

That looks really good. Is the pcb one- or two sided? It it's onesided, I could give it a try to etch it myself. Allthough I think  i saw that Brian is working on a revised version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bcalla

This is one sided, etched by Haberdasher via the 'Discont'd PCBs' link at the top of the page.