News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Brother P-Touch labeller?

Started by claytushaywood, November 23, 2013, 01:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

I saw over at tagboardeffects a picture of a build where someone said they used a p-touch labeller (one of the nicer ones I believe) to label the knobs and pedal.

It looked amazing actually.  Some cool fonts with different sizes and I couldnt see the seems of a label...

anyone use one of these? 

experience, pictures of builds, etc?  Id like to get something better than stamps, but still do not wanna learn a graphics software!  I have all sorts of audio production software skills, but damn graphic software pisses me off!

jimilee

Graphics and audio software are the same functionally, the tools just have different labels. I know enough of each to be be functionally dangerous. Labelled sounds cool, prolly cheaper than inkjet ink and waterslide paper.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

I have a P-Touch but have never thought about using it for labeling an effect. Do you have a link to the picture you saw?

rullywowr

This is certainly an option, especially if you use clear labels and then clearcoat over them.  I have a P-touch label machine but haven't used it for labels on pedals yet.  It works well.  My latest use of it was labeling a couple hundred little SMD storage boxes for SMD components.  It worked great, and helped me to stay organized.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GermanCdn

I use the P-Touch for a lot of labels, here's a few

Sorry for the crap pictures, the lighting in my basement is horrible for photos.

The P-Touch is a great little investment.  I also use it to label all my parts drawers and guitar cases.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

sirbergersworth

I started using a P-touch also.
Here are a few.

Sent using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

claytushaywood

john kallas did this- says he used an old pt 2100

claytushaywood

a buffing wheel and a labeller- now thats some cost effective super professional results right there- dude is awesome- hope he doesnt mind me sharing, posted over at tagboardeffects so i figured i can repost here