News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Awesome or what..... 3D printer for making PCB`s

Started by koky, November 23, 2013, 04:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koky

"When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it." - Christopher McCandless

Gledison

Great link! Thanks!
Soon our hobby will be 'vintage'.
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Ettore_M

Really awesome! I didn't ever think that something like this would be possible!  ::) Silly me!
However, I'm more into CNCs for this type of work! ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

madbean

Yeah, looks awesome. I'm going to kick in a little on their fundraiser. I would wear that thing out.

DutchMF

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

wgc

Quote from: Ettore_M on November 23, 2013, 05:48:00 AM
Really awesome! I didn't ever think that something like this would be possible!  ::) Silly me!
However, I'm more into CNCs for this type of work! ;)

Hector

Hector, would love to hear more about this!  Specifically how you generate gcode?

And, yeah, pretty cool stuff!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

It looks amazing and the backing is really taking off. I wonder what the cost per pcb is and how readily the materials are to print on.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

I'm curious how robust it is.  It probably doesn't matter much for proof of concept prototyping, but if it is something you plan on using for a long period of time it might.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

croquet hoop

Looks interesting, especially if it can reliably print dual layer boards.

Ettore_M

Quote from: wgc on November 23, 2013, 07:45:13 AM
Hector, would love to hear more about this!  Specifically how you generate gcode?

And, yeah, pretty cool stuff!
Hi Billy! I don't have or use a CNC machine, but I'm in search of information on how to build a desktop one. Eventually, I'll build one! :)

Aaaa.. And G code is generated via a G code interpreter. Search the interwebs! ;) Even Inkscape has a plugin for this job.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

wgc

I've been searching. ..!

I use cnc for other things and generate it from 3d cad I do myself.

The plugins, etc I've seen for pcb havn't worked for me. I haven't tried from gerber files though, just trying to convert bw images of etchable layouts to gcode using plugins but hast worked reliably. Yet. ;-).

So far anything that has worked basically turns the cnc into a big dot matrix printer, not very efficient, and many errors.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects