News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mayo Mudbunny

Started by wretched, November 23, 2013, 11:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wretched

Finally I can post a full build, I still have one that I must have killed and another that I need to add a switch to.

BUT here is the one I built last night. Took me only 2 hours but I have plenty of practice from the "other" builds. I plugged it in and it worked first time without any issues. Sounds great. The last Mayo I built that I still cannot add a switch to has some volume issues where I have to turn it at least 50% to get any sound.

here are some pictures:

angrykoko

Looks great!
Love the color,  did you buy the enclosure or paint it yourself?
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

wretched

I bought it, seafoam green from mammoth electronics. I am so happy with this. I bought 2 more mudbunnies just now lol.

bcalla

Hah!  I just bought a seafoam green enclosure from them!  It looks better than I had hoped.

hoodoo

Good to see you didn't give up mate, looks killer too, all the best, Matt.

wretched

I know, and I just got that Rams Head going tonight. For some reason one of the pads didn't connect right, luckily I was able to bypass that pad and connect the cap right to the volume lug.

pryde

Strange. There should be a direct small trace connecting the C13 left hole to lug 3 volume.

If you soldered and removed components several times you may have lifted a pad or destroyed the small trace in the circuit board? Either way, it works now so good job!

wretched

It ended up where I had contact on the top of the board but not the bottom. So I put a socket in and soldered the top of the board and that did the trick.

Sadly I had 2 - 1/4 mono jacks that had stripped nuts. (last time I pick lowest cost on ebay)  So I have to wait for my order to box this badboy up.