News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Noisiest Pedals?

Started by RobA, November 22, 2013, 06:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

I'm doing some playing with various power supply generation IC's and I'd like to test them in some of the worst known offenders for being sensitive to power supplies. I'm looking at 9V, -9V, +/-9V, 15V, and 18V type circuits.

I've already dropped one IC from consideration just using a Ge negative rail fuzz, but a couple of other IC's have done brilliantly with it. So, I need to throw some harder cases at them. Any suggestions?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

croquet hoop

Bump. I am interested in this as well, as I'll have to test a power supply layout soon.

midwayfair

Red Llama comes to mind. Really anything with that chip.

Anything with an OTA chip in the audio path.

twin1965

Stage Fright was giving me all sorts of problems with one PSU.

The Harbinger One needs a well filtered PSU. This one was making all sorts of noises with an 18V SMPS.

RobA

Thanks for the info. I haven't done a Red Llama, this will be a good excuse.

I've got a couple of OTA based compressors I can try and a couple of phase shifters too.

I've got a Stage Fright but I haven't seen any noise issues with the three power supplies I've tried it with. I'll give it a test with this experiment though. Was it a commercial PS that you saw the noise issue with?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).