Main Menu

Just Saying -- the soapbox thread

Started by alanp, November 30, 2013, 07:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

lars

I know this thread is old, but I prefer to use what is established, rather than start a million new threads covering the same thing.
Soapbox time:
Have you ever been on an airline that didn't have ANY barf bags? I was on one last night. And of course, they hit some really bad turbulence, the kind that has those wonderful free-fall drops mixed in. And yep, people started puking. But there were no bags anywhere. And since it's "company policy" that everybody (including flight attendants) have to stay where they are during turbulence, that means nobody could go to the bathroom, nobody could get any assistance, nobody could do anything about puke flying all over. By the time the plane landed, the aisles looked like a crime scene of spent napkins and piles of digested pretzels.
I'm wondering...who is the absolute bungling idiot that refused to put barf bags on the plane? What did they expect would happen when the puke starts flowing? Does somebody hate the poor souls who have to clean the planes? Yet another example of the crippling stupidity so prevalent in the world today.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jessenator

That's horrifying...

Y'know, now you mention it, on the only two flights I was on in 2023 I didn't notice a single barf bag.  Like, how rare is WAX and PAPER and maybe some WIRE to cause supply chain issues for barg bags?

Aentons

They probably took the bags out so they could move the seats closer together. :)

lars

Quote from: Aentons on April 15, 2024, 07:01:06 PMThey probably took the bags out so they could move the seats closer together. :)
LOL! Come to think of it, that flight did feel more cramped than any flight I've been on recently.
Here is the kicker though:  they handed out free earbuds to anybody that wanted them! You can't tell me a barf bag is more expensive than earbuds. And people take the earbuds with them. People don't take the barf bag if they don't use it. So the absence of bags can't be because of economic considerations. It seems like it would be illegal for airplanes not to have bags, especially with the hyper-sensitivity the world has to communicable disease after that little covid thing. Barf hurling around has to be one of the most unsanitary things this side of who flung poo. I guess flying from now on is a BYOBB situation.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

TNblueshawk

Quote from: lars on April 15, 2024, 02:01:31 PMI know this thread is old, but I prefer to use what is established, rather than start a million new threads covering the same thing.
Soapbox time:
Have you ever been on an airline that didn't have ANY barf bags? I was on one last night. And of course, they hit some really bad turbulence, the kind that has those wonderful free-fall drops mixed in. And yep, people started puking. But there were no bags anywhere. And since it's "company policy" that everybody (including flight attendants) have to stay where they are during turbulence, that means nobody could go to the bathroom, nobody could get any assistance, nobody could do anything about puke flying all over. By the time the plane landed, the aisles looked like a crime scene of spent napkins and piles of digested pretzels.
I'm wondering...who is the absolute bungling idiot that refused to put barf bags on the plane? What did they expect would happen when the puke starts flowing? Does somebody hate the poor souls who have to clean the planes? Yet another example of the crippling stupidity so prevalent in the world today.

:o  Dude that is a nightmare
John