News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is there a flash for Building ?

Started by wretched, December 03, 2013, 04:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wretched

I am wondering if there is some type of flash program for pedal building and colours?

I have seen one for BMX and Guitars. I am just trying to figure out what knobs to use on a military green enclosure. I was thinking of Orange, but giving them a "road worn" treatment to make them look dirty.

jkokura

I'm not quite following what you mean. Could you maybe link examples of the BMX and Guitar Flash programs you mean?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jubal81

VFE pedals has something like that. You can see a preview of different colors and knobs together on their pedals.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

wretched

Nice that was what I was looking for. Thanks

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

rullywowr

Quote from: davent on December 03, 2013, 05:31:16 PM
Inkscape and the Vector Pack of components.

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=47294

+1 on this.  Some of the easiest and best ways to see how your pedal will look with knobs and such.  You can even import your PCB into it and put everything on separate layers.  Hide the layers you need when exporting drill templates and exporting/printing your decal.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

davent

Came across this book called ColorSense by Susan Levin at our library and ended up buying a cheap copy on abebooks. Lots to be gleaned and some neat tools for understanding, combining and previsualizing colour combos.

http://www.amazon.com/Colorsense-Creative-Color-Combinations-Crafters/dp/1933027290

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jubal81

Quote from: rullywowr on December 03, 2013, 05:34:39 PM
You can even import your PCB into it and put everything on separate layers.  Hide the layers you need when exporting drill templates and exporting/printing your decal.

That's brilliant! I can't believe I never thought of that.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

davent

Going to have to learn the layers function in Inkscape. I've been importing PDF prints from my CAD and PCB programs and having it all mashed together on the same layer, becomes a hassle when you only want to print one of the elements. My CAD program allows printing only selected items, haven't noticed a similar ability in Inkscape.

dave

DutchMF

Quote from: davent on December 03, 2013, 08:14:09 PM
Going to have to learn the layers function in Inkscape. I've been importing PDF prints from my CAD and PCB programs and having it all mashed together on the same layer, becomes a hassle when you only want to print one of the elements. My CAD program allows printing only selected items, haven't noticed a similar ability in Inkscape.

dave

Dave, just out of curiosity: what kind of CAD software are you using?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Quote from: davent on December 03, 2013, 06:39:21 PM
Came across this book called ColorSense by Susan Levin at our library and ended up buying a cheap copy on abebooks. Lots to be gleaned and some neat tools for understanding, combining and previsualizing colour combos.

http://www.amazon.com/Colorsense-Creative-Color-Combinations-Crafters/dp/1933027290

dave

I always do my artwork in layers in Illustrator.  I usually have at least 1 hardware layer that I hide when it's time to print or etch.

I often have alternate artwork on different layers as well.  I need all the visualization help I can get.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

Quoteauthor=DutchMF link=topic=12579.msg114198#msg114198 date=1386105340]
Quote from: davent on December 03, 2013, 08:14:09 PM

dave

Dave, just out of curiosity: what kind of CAD software are you using?

Paul

Hi Paul, I been using a version of TurboCAD i've had for years, may be the only software i've ever had to buy.
Started with TurboCAD LE which was a freebee for Windows 98. When i got around to getting a computer with XP, the LE version wasn't compatable with it so i found the latest version that would run on both platforms. That one was nowhere near the latest with all the bells and whistles so only cost me ~$25 instead of the many hundreds of dollars for the latest version.

Software will do 3D but i've never gone there, the 2D is more then enough for all i do with it.

dave