News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pepperspray!

Started by the3secondrule, March 08, 2011, 10:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Just finished my Pepperspray, built to Albini spec's. i also have one of the Fredic effects "blue" percolators, which is built to the stock BOM on the pepperspray project file.

For diodes 4 and 5 I used bat41's - 2 in one direction, 1 in the other direction - I also used an on/off/on spdt to switch out the clipping diodes - to my ears the diodes switched out isn't all that useful, it sounds like a farty overdrive, and I may just stick to an spdt on/on. no clipping is A LOT louder however. more high volume research is needed to compare the GE diodes wth the BAT41's  ;D

comparing the Albinator with the stock percolator, the Albini spec perc is a bit more aggressive sounding fuzz, without being harsh - the stock percolator has a weird uber-compressed, almost squishy kind of fuzz attack - they both do the really loud harmonics, and they both have the  highly usual feedback. have only compared them at bedroom level, so more research is necessary.

Pics to come!
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

bigmufffuzzwizz

Super cool! I have a board i'm waiting to populate. I've been hoping i can hear some peoples thoughts about the different versions before i decided which version to build. By what your saying they both sound great!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Bring on the pics...   ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer