News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Musikding, experience?

Started by Vallhagen, December 04, 2013, 08:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

Hi. Im not sure if i am a friend of ranting around about bad web-shops... but the acting i have received from Musikding in Germany is... maybe worth telling the world.

My first-ever order to them were back in august while they had some free-shipping special. Now if i sum up the history right:
25 august: I placed order... nothing happens. A few emails later:
10 september: an email arrives: "Hi Bengt, we want to apologize for the delay! There was a technical mistake with your order 3794... sorry! Now it is in progress and will be shipped the next 1 - 2 days! Thank you for your patience and your understanding!" ... Nothing happens.
16 september: I send a new e-mail. the response: "Hello Bengt, we want to say sorry that you have to wait so long for order 3794! [...blahblahblah] We will ship your order at once today " ... Nothing happens.
23 september (now one month since i put the order and i am pissed): I send new e-mails to them. A few days later i finally got my stuff. At that moment i consider to start a thread like this, but i behaved myself.

Instead, I decide to give them a second chance, as they stock at least one "special" component that i want. So what happens?

16 november: I place order. Nothing happens.
23 november: I send a "where is my stuff" email. The response: " Hi Bengt, we want to apologize for the delay! There was a technical mistake with your order 7573... sorry! It is solved now, the order is in progress and will be shipped the next 1 - 2 days! Thank you for your understanding!" ... Nothing happens.
4 december (thats today): I send a pretty pissed "where ¤&&#"()/# is my stuff???" email. The response: "Hello Bengt, we want to apologize for the delay! Order 7573 is in progress and will be shipped today or tomorrow! Thank you for your understanding and your patience!" ...

I promise to come back to this thread when/if i receive the latest order.

Maybe it is - really - only me. But my experience; 2/2 f#¤%d-up orders...

Normal delivery time from germany to me, door to door, is 3-4, maybe 5 days.

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

croquet hoop

I have ordered from them seven times since last August, and each time I received my order within five days, so I would be enclined to think that you have been very unlucky — twice. Then, maybe I have just been lucky. I have always ordered small quantities and common parts, so that would lower the odds that one of them delay the order. Still, their communication regarding stocks and delays seems to be rather poorly handled.

GermanCdn

Yeah, I ordered from them all the time when I lived in Germany, and I don't remember having any issues or screw ups, usually got everything in two days, no missing parts, nothing.  Now, that was in 2011 so things might have changed, but generally they always appeared to be really stand up guys.  Sorry to hear you've had issues.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Vallhagen

Glad to read positive stuff too.

i think the "thing" that bothers me, is the repeated "sorry we have had problems, but its sorted now and we promise to ship your gear NOW" followed by ... nothing. I dont think that i - generally - have problems with delivery problems/custom troubles etcetc... if its handled in an honest way.

Cheerio
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Tremster

Sorry to hear this.
Sometimes it can take up to two weeks for orders to arrive, that's true, but other than that, no problems so far.

Thomas_H

They have replaced their shopping system and a lot of trouble came up with that.
Thats some months ago now but it might be the reason for your first hickup.
In general they are a very small company that have trouble doing things that are not day to day business. Not sure if international orders is amongst that.

There is good and bad experience even for germany based people like me. But usually everything is fine.

DIY-PCBs and projects:

juansolo

It sounds very much like they didn't have stock of whatever you'd ordered and rather than saying that, strung you along until it arrived.

I've ordered Belton bricks from them a couple of times and they've always taken an age to turn up. I expect they don't carry them as stock.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GermanCdn

Quote from: juansolo on December 04, 2013, 09:18:29 PM
It sounds very much like they didn't have stock of whatever you'd ordered and rather than saying that, strung you along until it arrived.

I've ordered Belton bricks from them a couple of times and they've always taken an age to turn up. I expect they don't carry them as stock.

Order your bricks from Banzai, they always have them in stock.  Only problem is they only have the long bricks.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

muddyfox

Right, all my Beltons always came from Banzai.

As for Musikding, I also had absolutely no issues with them. Normally I order 5 or 6 times a year so maybe it's just lucky timing or simply the fact that I order nothing out of the ordinary?

Sorry you had a bad experience with them, I do understand how that would piss you off though...

raulduke

This is interesting...

I've always had a really good experience with Musikding, and an ok experience with Banzai.

Banzai always take an age to ship in my experience.

Musikding have only made one error, and shipped replacement parts right away (did not ask me to return the stuff they sent in error either).

In other news, I placed my first Tayda order a few weeks ago... I have received the totally wrong order  >:(

If anyone's order no is 147070, then I have it sat right here on my desk...

trustybs

Same as above for me.  I ordered 3 or 4 times from musicdingz and no problem.  With banzai as they don't show if the items are in stock or not, i always get my orders in two times because they backorder the items not in stock.  And sometimes you have to wait long.  But the good thing is that they sometimes mess things up and you'll receive twice what you ordered.

stevie1556

I ordered a amp kit from them, took 2 weeks to turn up, but some of the socket pins for the tubes were damaged. Wasn't too bad as I just bent them back, but I think it was due to bad packing. My Belton bricks that I've ordered from them before have always taken about 2 weeks to arrive as well.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

brejna

Only thing that I don't like about musikdung is shipping rate  >:(
Quote from: raulduke on December 06, 2013, 10:19:42 AM
This is interesting...

I've always had a really good experience with Musikding, and an ok experience with Banzai.

Banzai always take an age to ship in my experience.

Musikding have only made one error, and shipped replacement parts right away (did not ask me to return the stuff they sent in error either).

In other news, I placed my first Tayda order a few weeks ago... I have received the totally wrong order  >:(

If anyone's order no is 147070, then I have it sat right here on my desk...

Same thing happend to me with tayda back in July, my package went to Canada :D

dondougie

I've been ordering from Musikding for years with nothing but good experiences, but my last two orders were both faulty and took over a month each to arrive. The first one had a Belton brick as the culprit, the second one included some Daka Ware knobs. I ordered two creme knobs (the amount in stock, according to the website) and they sent me one real one and a clone that wasn't even the same shade of creme.

When I e-mailed them, they promptly apologized and said they would send me a real one, only to e-mail me again an hour later, telling me they were out of stock (I figured as much...) and that they would send me one when they get them in again... I don't think that will ever be the case as they were special items.

I guess their inventory management is broken or overwhelmed because they've added lots of new articles to their range lately... but the way they tried to substitute that knob because they obviously miscalculated really pisses me off. If I could, I would never buy from them again, but they carry a lot of knobs and other parts I can't get anywhere else around here.

edit: the best shop in germany, in my experience, is uk-electronic. the shipping is super fast and the prices are great

croquet hoop

One thing that annoys me a bit is that it seems to take ages for them to restock some knobs (especially black ones). It almost makes me want to order them from Smallbear (I guess the shipping cost would be balanced by the lower prices).