News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Project “I”....... For “Insanity”! (New pics added 2013-12-31!!!)

Started by DutchMF, December 04, 2013, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Impressive AutoCAD skills there!  I like how you put the size of the hole in the area to be cut out so you know what size to drill.

I suppose you could do the graphics in AutoCAD as well or just import the DXF into inkscape and you have an instant template to make the decal/faceplate/etc.

Inspiring!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: DutchMF on December 31, 2013, 08:24:34 AM
Last, a question for all of you: I was planning on measuring current draw on both AB's, to see if I could run them from one Roadrage. I have enough space between the 3PDT's to fit 2 RR's (and some more RR boards/chargepumps/regulators in my stash), would this be preferable, noise-wise?

Paul,

This looks like it might get rough.

That is a LOT of LFOs and Clocks running under the same hood. You are likely to run into some heterodyning issues.

Just try to keep the Road Rage(s) as far away from the other PCBs as possible and short runs for your grounds and power feeds. Possibly use some double sided tape and plant them on the enclosure wall and behind the 3PDTs. And definitely use the LT1054 for your pump. Even then... you might run into current draw issues.

I know Scruffie just went through a build that used 1054s and was facing current draw limitations. Might want to bounce some ideas off of him!

Good Luck  ;)

DutchMF

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 31, 2013, 04:21:12 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on December 31, 2013, 08:24:34 AM
Last, a question for all of you: I was planning on measuring current draw on both AB's, to see if I could run them from one Roadrage. I have enough space between the 3PDT's to fit 2 RR's (and some more RR boards/chargepumps/regulators in my stash), would this be preferable, noise-wise?

Paul,

This looks like it might get rough.

That is a LOT of LFOs and Clocks running under the same hood. You are likely to run into some heterodyning issues.

Just try to keep the Road Rage(s) as far away from the other PCBs as possible and short runs for your grounds and power feeds. Possibly use some double sided tape and plant them on the enclosure wall and behind the 3PDTs. And definitely use the LT1054 for your pump. Even then... you might run into current draw issues.

I know Scruffie just went through a build that used 1054s and was facing current draw limitations. Might want to bounce some ideas off of him!

Good Luck  ;)

Thanks! I was expecting loads of (clock)noise issues with this one, so we'll see how it works out. Shielded wire for sure, and probably some shielding between all those PCB's. I'll keep you all posted!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

billstein

Looks great Paul. Looking forward to watching the progress on this one.

Stomptown

DutchMF

So I just went into town and returned with supplies to update my testing rig. I'll be putting some proper aligator clips on it, and combine it with an audioprobe. Also bought me a new DMM that does capacitance, frequency, hFe and has a larger range for resistance then my old one. Why? Because this weekend, I'm gonna do the most difficult thing of this massive undertaking: biasing not one but two analogue delays  :o

The last two weeks have been spent testing circuits, designing graphics (learned to use Inkscape in the process) and some wiring (mainly pots and 3PDT's, in preparation for the final boxing-up). Also on the agenda for today/tomorrow: ordering knobs and waterslide paper, that's going to be a first!

Paul

Gledison

Hey Paul.
loved the Grindbox idea!
maaaan this is already the build of the new year! Geee!
great work with the 3D. im still learning how to design in 2...ehhehe
Cheers mate!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

warriorpoet

Mzo.FX, Owner

DutchMF

Well, as you probably guessed, last week my sunday went a bit different then I had imagined: I completely forgot I promised my wife we'd be doing something together, so no delays were being biased.... Testing rig was finished, so maybe this weekend?

Paul