Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Wow really dig this build, just superb!

Not to derail the thread but @muddyfox:
If you have not tried my enclosure etch tutorial give it a go:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=11078.0

muddyfox

Man TBH I've read so many tutorials that I've lost count!  ;D
I see you are also a proponent of the smooth surfaces for toner adhesion... I've pretty much given up on etching but I'll probably give it another go these days and try your tutorial out. Thanks!

rullywowr

That's totally classy, and great etching inside and out!  Marshall knobs plus font add a great touch to the entire pedal.  The color is badass too.  I'm inspired to try my own hand at a reverse etch like that now.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Hexjibber

That's wicked man! A great etch and the metallic paint really sets it off, I've been thinking about trying metallic paints with reverse etching for a while now so will definitely get on it after seeing this result, top work! :)

selfdestroyer

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'll see if I can get a demo of this thing up this week. I am so bad at demos.

jkokura

Brilliant. I love the finish on that, and the knobs are a perfect touch. If that sounds as Marshall as it looks, you've got a major winner there.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

brejna

Awesome build, your reverse etching is on top level.. I've tried it 3-4 times and they all ended bad..
Btw what do you use for etching?

raulduke

Very very clean build.

I dig it!

G.G.

wow, that really did come out great. Excellent work!!

billstein

That is really nice. Did you spray on the hammertone?

jubal81

The one tip I have for etching that's made a big difference for me in getting the toner to stick is preheating the surface before I put the paper on it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

muddyfox

Now this is something I thought about but never actually followed through. How much do you sand, J.?

ncdb07

ncdb07
Daniel

slimtriggers

That lettering is perfect!  I don't know how you sanded those letters shiny without scuffing up the rest of the paint, but it came out amazing!