News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

It is completed after 1 year / a Bass build pictorial

Started by jimilee, December 06, 2013, 06:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: bcalla on December 06, 2013, 08:50:46 PM
That's a real beauty!!  I have a guitar or bass build on my bucket list, I'm jealous.

If you posted a thread on this earlier, I missed it.  Curious about how you started this - source of parts, etc.  If there's a thread, point me to it!

Oh, and I vote for a built-in phaser.
Built in Phaser would be awesome. I think there is a thread where I completed it but left it wood grain. I got the body and neck from guitar center and the rest on Ebay. The Stratosphere is a great ebay seller, got many parts from there.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

jprizz

Woohoo! That is a fine looking instrument. Job well done, great color choice.

billstein

Wow Jimi! What a beauty. Great job on the finishing.

slimtriggers

Man, that looks fantastic!  I liked the natural wood look, too, but the color really brings it to life!

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on December 07, 2013, 01:39:00 AM
Man, that looks fantastic!  I liked the natural wood look, too, but the color really brings it to life!
I agree the natural looked good, then I saw the wudtone finish and knew it had to be done.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

kothoma

Yeah, really great finish!

(Took me a while. For anyone else wondering: www.wudtone.com)

icecycle66

You bastard.  You dirty rat.  My wife would have been fine with me thinking Warmoth was the only place like this.

(Very nice by the way.)

jimilee

Quote from: icecycle66 on December 07, 2013, 04:28:23 PM
You bastard.  You dirty rat.  My wife would have been fine with me thinking Warmoth was the only place like this.

(Very nice by the way.)
;D ;D ;D
Yep, and guitar fetish has some stuff too!

danwelsh

jimilee

Thanks again for all the kind words. It's a great feeling to know I did this. Before a year ago when I started building, there is no way I would've even attempted anything like this.

LaceSensor

Ridiculously gorgeous.
Jealous.

ps whats your favourite phaser on bass?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 08, 2013, 07:28:21 PM

I can see Jimi's head imploding just thinking of this question.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimilee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 08, 2013, 07:49:20 PM
Quote from: LaceSensor on December 08, 2013, 07:28:21 PM

I can see Jimi's head imploding just thinking of this question.
ahahahahahaha
Right now it's a Ross phaser, sounds really great. It's been on my  board for quite sometime now. It's the orange ray gun girl phaser I built.