News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Low Rider: the Pearl Octaver

Started by madbean, February 28, 2011, 09:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCobbenator

timbo_93631

Is this pcb gonna make it to production?
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

sgmezei

I would love a PCB. My buddy has a POG that does similar stuff but also has 5ths and other crazy things.

I will buy ;D

tenwatt

Not too bright....

jtn191

this is super sweet. love the etched face plate and project. I'm curious how it compares to the green ringer...

redbean

Fantastic! This is just what I need to make my bass sound MASSIVE!  ;D
es là-bas!!

TheCobbenator

Wow, I barely remember this post, even. So any word on this PJ? I would still love to have one!!

madbean

This one is done and will be in the next batch of manufactured boards. I've actually completely redesigned the PCB for board mounted pots.

[attachment deleted by admin]

nzCdog

GHARRRR! 'scuse me, just a lil excited about this one too :D
Your demo on youtube sounds great madbean!  Can't wait!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Good to hear you got the quirks worked out! Really looking forward to this one.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on August 19, 2011, 02:45:07 AM
This one is done and will be in the next batch of manufactured boards. I've actually completely redesigned the PCB for board mounted pots.
Now that's a layout I can get on board with, Nice work Brian  ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

BarryW

I'm definitely looking forward to this one - !

tenwatt

Would there be any way to mod this to have a "Two Octave Up" and an "Attack" knob.  Regardles...I want...
Not too bright....

madbean

An additional octave would require an add-on board of some type. It would need to be either be repeated circuitry from the Octaver or something else (like maybe transformer based).

An attack knob---meaning like sensitivity to pick attack, ie the stength of octaves depends on how hard you are playing? Or, something else?

tenwatt

Quote from: madbean on September 13, 2011, 07:14:57 AMAn attack knob---meaning like sensitivity to pick attack, ie the stength of octaves depends on how hard you are playing? Or, something else?
By "Attack" I'm thinking more about attack time.  If the pot was all the way to the left the note would sound instantly when struck.  All the way to the right and the note would swell up to volume.  I'm refering to how the "Attack" slider responsed on the POG2.  
Not too bright....