News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

t-bagger>Serendipity>Sunking in a DD box w/ road rage

Started by B_of_H, February 28, 2011, 09:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_of_H

finished this today for a friend.  The serendipity is built out to roughly the mods I posted on the mods forum and I raised the value of R3 on the t-bagger to 560k to brighten up the input slightly and raised c3 to 100n for a fuller bass response.  I've been doing no labels on my pedals and he liked that look so this is completely finished and ready for use.  Volume on the left, Gain on the right and tone below (voice is to the left of tone on the serendipity). 

madbean

Cool beans. What's goin on there with that momentary switch...is it a relay?

B_of_H

Quote from: madbean on February 28, 2011, 09:41:00 PM
Cool beans. What's goin on there with that momentary switch...is it a relay?

it's a cusak tb2

http://cusackmusic.com/wp/?page_id=22

yes, momentary tb relay switch...so far so good but it's the first time i've used one.  Going to jam with the guy tonight so we'll see if it works out on a loud stage.   (jam is in a 300 person room on a 30x20 stage)

Beerdog80

Damn!  That's a monster of a pedal.  Nicely done!

B_of_H

huge success last night.  The pedal sounded killer onstage and FOH, nothing like hearing your stuff through a large concert sound system.   ;D  Also doesn't hurt that the 3 guys that used it were all badass players playing with really great guitars through a quality amp as well.  Mic'd with a sennheiser 609 and sm57 on top of that and blending those two signals together at the board/listening to one or the other on their own.  

now a few other people want similar custom jobs.  The other cool thing was they were testing out a bunch of lights and a new lazer the whole time so as we jammed that purple sparkly pedal was glowing as lights washed over it etc...  

I think there should be some video uploaded soon, should be interesting.

btw, that cusak switch is awesome.  pretty much the same as the Jack Deville click-less TB system but all enclosed and everyone loves the soft touch over clicking a mechanical switch it seems. 

k.rock!

That's very cool man. Great to hear that story! I bet you felt super proud of your "baby"  :'(:)

Any particular reason you have that Cusack switch on the Serendipity? I've been intrigued by it lately (i think the price is what's holding me back).

Great job man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

B_of_H

Quote from: k.rock! on March 01, 2011, 07:49:29 PM
That's very cool man. Great to hear that story! I bet you felt super proud of your "baby"  :'(:)

Any particular reason you have that Cusack switch on the Serendipity? I've been intrigued by it lately (i think the price is what's holding me back).

Great job man!

-Kaleb

for whatever reason the serendipity seems to have a huge click issue, i've built a few and they all have been pretty loud when engaged, especially following another dirt pedal.  Maybe this is just coincidence but since it was following another dirt pedal I thought i'd give the cusak a shot on this particular one. 

k.rock!

huh! Interesting you say that about the Serendipity...I built one for a friend of mine and you're right! I do recall it having a very noticeable click pop when engaged...I thought it was me who messed up somewhere but my friend didn't mind it at all...so I guess we dismissed it...could it be the value of the pulldown resistor?
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

night-B

B_of_H

Quote from: night-butterfly on March 02, 2011, 05:52:56 AM
Good job with the wiring of this beast  :D

this one is childs play compared to my delay box. ;D

after doing this...pretty much anything is simple. 

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

B_of_H

Quote from: k.rock! on March 02, 2011, 05:41:47 PM
o_O ... dear God...

lol

looking back...it was almost like a rite of passage.  I think I deserve some sort of diy merit badge or something for that thing.  I've been wanting to update/improve some stuff but I'm scared to even open it back up.   ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

:o!!!! i really don't understand whats going on in that diagram..hahah
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

B_of_H

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 03, 2011, 04:06:25 AM
:o!!!! i really don't understand whats going on in that diagram..hahah

yeah, it's a little crazy to say the least.  basically the signal goes into the box on the lower left which houses a sunking and an a/b true bypass relay that is sent to this box

send/return A: rebote 2.5 on/off (right side switch)

send/return B: >relay a/b (switched above tap tempo switch) that engages as rebote 2.5 with ptap or selects another 3pdt (left side switch) set up for a/b operation:

a: PT80
b: byoc ping pong

the tap tempo rebote also has a switch (middle) that selects two different feedback pots

then the signal goes back into the box and into a GGG/Hermida belton reverb.  Out to amp on the side.

bigmufffuzzwizz

cool man! makes my head hurt looking at it still. haha
i've never seen that wah before. Looked it up and it sounds pretty good. from what i get its made by dunlop correct? whats your input on it?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals