News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doppelganger 2.1

Started by alanp, December 14, 2013, 10:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I used Smallbear 27k-60k / 2meg LDR's, while Juan and Lace used Futurlec 2A's. That's the only difference I'm aware of.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Yeah, you and I talked once before. I am forging ahead, and I also have the small bear parts. I'm optimistic.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Scruffie

The LED is more likely to lead to ticking than the LDRs by drawing more current.

Did anyone try lifting the LFO chip above ground?

Nice new layout though  :)
Works at Lectric-FX

juansolo

Used other LDRs in Cleggys and it made no odds.  Cleggy hacked around with his (Lace's old one) trying to separate the sides of the circuit and managed to cut the tick in half I'd say. But it was still there. It must be something in the water here ;)

Lace's big 'un doesn't tick at all. Still got another one of those to build at some point for MrC.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

agoldoor

Well if y'all decide to sell a PCB for this, I'd definitely be in... jus' sayin'

sonarchotic

Super impressive Alan! I just had my first go at Eagle and was all proud of my booster. Was :D

alanp

That's up to Lace :)

Sonarchotic, I was working on getting a bloody reverb board working for the last couple weeks, on and off (more off if I'm honest.) Only got the mongrel thing working last night (and I laid out the board!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website