News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ersatz Verben and Heliotropic Robot

Started by sonarchotic, December 17, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

This is CJ's 'Ersatz Verben'.  It's a fun circuit for those who haven't tried it. Quick to build and is kind of a reverb/echo/delay based on the Crap Fi Delay circuit and the PT2399. A luthier friend gave me some sheets of random veneers we couldn't positively id. This is my first go at mrein's style of wood veneer with border and laquer. I have some ideas for making my results better next time which is good since I have several big sheets of this stuff.

This is the Heliotrope/Robot I posted before but I got it back to paint swirl and add knobs. Swirl is a bit sloppy due to about 5 or 6 dips to get a decent pattern not to run too much.

And if your into poorly done demo's with lots of racket and blinding led's then this shows some of the noise this pedal does. Some of the nuances/noise are lost to the recording but you get the idea.

monkeyssj1

muddyfox

I don't think I'd ever be able to hit that stomp and miss the pots. For me this would be a hand pedal...  ;D

Love the swirl though, I don't know what's your beef with it...

sonarchotic

Quote from: muddyfox on December 18, 2013, 12:43:48 AM

I don't think I'd ever be able to hit that stomp and miss the pots. For me this would be a hand pedal...  ;D
It's doable but yes the pots are too close to the foot switches. More of a hit the floor to turn knobs kind of a pedal anyway :)
Thanks guys!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: sonarchotic on December 18, 2013, 02:06:20 PM

It's doable but yes the pots are too close to the foot switches. More of a hit the floor to turn knobs kind of a pedal anyway :)
Thanks guys!

Would be fine with me. I'm on the floor 80% of the time when I play.. I can't keep my hands off my pedals. I am consistently ridiculed for it.

sonarchotic

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 18, 2013, 02:18:44 PM
Quote from: sonarchotic on December 18, 2013, 02:06:20 PM

Thanks guys!

Would be fine with me. I'm on the floor 80% of the time when I play.. I can't keep my hands off my pedals. I am consistently ridiculed for it.
Nothing wrong with some quality floor time.  You could convert them by lending or building them pedals as well.  ;)

lincolnic

These look great. Looking forward to seeing more of what you do with the veneer.

dropanchor812

Loving the robot, even though I've never used one I've wanted one for so long.  Aside from youtube demos of dudes playing with them in their bedrooms has anyone ever heard a robot used in a recording or live setting?  Sonarchotic - How do you use it?

sonarchotic

Quote from: dropanchor812 on December 19, 2013, 08:00:58 AM
Loving the robot, even though I've never used one I've wanted one for so long.  Aside from youtube demos of dudes playing with them in their bedrooms has anyone ever heard a robot used in a recording or live setting?  Sonarchotic - How do you use it?
I tried it out at practice last night and found it to be more useful than I would have thought. We did a droning kind of deal between E and D and in the arpeggiator setting I could use the control to 'tune' to what we were playing and do these big sweeps down to D and back up to E that turned everyones heads and got some smiles. The weird octave settings on the Heliotrope were useful as well. I think they both could be a lot of fun in a recording setting.