News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda PCB Manufacture

Started by BuGG, December 19, 2013, 12:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuGG

croquet hoop

I wonder how it would compare to itead, quality- and price-wise.

midwayfair

GermanCdn

Part of me thinks "Awesome", and part of me worries that the designs submitted will get rebranded and sold in "Tayda complete pedal kits" when they come out in February (complete conjecture and speculation on my behalf, but it's a logical market they would grow into).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

It's interesting, that's for certain.  I would suspect that they are aware of iTead's pricing structure and would try to match or beat it.

iTead's quality has been remarkably good in my experience.  If Tayda is going to enter this field, I hope that they have a higher quality standard than they do with their components.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

stevie1556

I've never had any quality issues with their stuff, but from what I've read I would be sceptical on the quality, and the turnaround time. I use iTead quite a lot, and must say they are great quality and cheap, and if Tayda can match or beat them with quality and price then I would use it. But the quality of the board would be more important then the cost IMO.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

pickdropper

Quote from: stevie1556 on December 19, 2013, 02:01:20 PM
I've never had any quality issues with their stuff, but from what I've read I would be sceptical on the quality, and the turnaround time. I use iTead quite a lot, and must say they are great quality and cheap, and if Tayda can match or beat them with quality and price then I would use it. But the quality of the board would be more important then the cost IMO.

Yep.  Exactly.  The cost per board from iTead is so reasonable, it's not worth going with lower quality just to save a couple bucks.
Function f(x)

stevie1556

For 10 boards in the 5x5cm size, it's $9.90, which for me works out about £6.25, which makes them ridiculously cheap!

jkokura

So, sames as itead and seeed.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

I think the Tayda is quote only (or at least I didn't see a price).

I *think* Stevie is talking about iTead at $9.90/10 small PCBs, but I could be mistaken.
Function f(x)

muddyfox

Yeah, I also think he's talking ITead...

Incidentally, my last ITead order arrived in less than three weeks and my last Seeed order was more in Tayda territory, six full weeks.

jubal81

I might give it a shot.
Kind of off topic, but OSH has been lightning fast lately. I'm getting boards in less than 2 weeks after I place an order.  :o
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

croquet hoop

Quote from: jubal81 on December 19, 2013, 03:55:35 PMI might give it a shot.
Kind of off topic, but OSH has been lightning fast lately. I'm getting boards in less than 2 weeks after I place an order.  :o

Same here, I just received a shipping notification for boards I ordered on december 12.

As for Tayda, I'll wait for feedback before giving their service a try, but as already stated I am not sure they can bring something new to the game compared to itead. But I hope I'll be mistaken.

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on December 19, 2013, 03:55:35 PM
I might give it a shot.

Same for me, too.  They must be busy as every order I place seems to get assigned to a panel almost immediately.
Function f(x)

alanp

Quote from: jubal81 on December 19, 2013, 03:55:35 PM
I might give it a shot.

Trust me, this doesn't happen if you live on the other side of the Pacific ocean from OSH. It's usually six to eight weeks for me.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website