News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Man, I miss you guys....

Started by ch1naski, December 19, 2013, 10:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

You could have crossed out "laid" and left "off", not much would be lost of the sentiment... Ah, the possiblities of the english language...  ;D

juansolo

;D Good point well made!

Good luck Curt BTW!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Cortexturizer

I feel for you bro. I had a feeling you were absent from the forum for a long time, really did miss your attitude, you are always the first to write a good word about someone's build. I saw your comment on juansolo's FB page, tried to add you as a friend but there was no Add button, really! [I guess some guys get that disabled, but usually that's just hot girls, not guys...]
Hang on in there man, it will get better. And I am all in for sending you some parts along the other guys, after a hard day of job hunting what can be more relaxing that inhaling solder and noodling on those builds.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

pryde

Quote from: ch1naski on December 20, 2013, 06:21:47 AM
I'm getting all teary eyed. Thanks so much, but it's a time and money thing. All my time and money (life savings) is going into trying to open a business to take care of the family. Once I get situated, I'll get back on the circuits......

You guys really are the best. Which is why I miss you all. Thank you all so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big props to you for dedicating your focus to your family! Really though my offer stands if you want to take a little time and build something (and you should  ;)).

I got extras of pretty much everything (except MN3005 chips so don't ask :))

midwayfair

Hope everything works out for you, Curt. Hang in there and good luck with the new business. :)

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on December 20, 2013, 01:46:13 PM
Hope everything works out for you, Curt. Hang in there and good luck with the new business. :)

+1

And if you want parts to finish your build, I think a lot of us would be cool kicking some over your way.  It wouldn't be charity, just a Christmas PIF that you could do for somebody else later when things stabilize. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Cortexturizer

Me and DutchMF will start. I won his PIF but since I can't win more than two I told him to send you his Catalinbread SFT board. Hopefully that will fill in the need for some new dirt for ya :)
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

gingataff

Hey Curt,
Hang in there man. Life throws some hard balls at ya and you've taken the fair share and you're still hangin in there, hats off to you man.
I'm going through a tricky time myself at the moment but thanks to you I know the human spirit is tough and with good support from friends seen and unseen we can overcome life's obstacles.
Peace bro.
Andy.

stevie1556

Hope everything sorts itself out for ya bud, and good luck with the new business. By any chance its not boutique pedals is it?

If you want to finish some builds I've got loads of through hole components going spare as I'm now going SMD.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

ch1naski

Thank you all for the supreme kindness, generosity, and encouragement. This is exactly why I miss coming here daily.
I bit the bullet and found a danelectro reel tape delay on eBay for my son, until I get back on my feet. I know it's nowhere near a zero point sdx or 1776 delay, but hopefully it will satisfy his Gilmour tone quest for now. I even gave him my Dr Z and Tone King amps, since I won't have time to play them now....sigh, that hurts the most. Lol. As long as someone in the house is playing good music loud, I'm happy. ;)

Curt.

one louder.

muddyfox

Quote from: ch1naski on December 20, 2013, 06:32:07 PM
I even gave him my Dr Z and Tone King amps

That, my good man, makes you a dad of the year in my book!
I just wish my girls grow up to have any interest at all for this stuff we do here...

selfdestroyer

Quote from: ch1naski on December 20, 2013, 06:32:07 PM
Thank you all for the supreme kindness, generosity, and encouragement. This is exactly why I miss coming here daily.
I bit the bullet and found a danelectro reel tape delay on eBay for my son, until I get back on my feet. I know it's nowhere near a zero point sdx or 1776 delay, but hopefully it will satisfy his Gilmour tone quest for now. I even gave him my Dr Z and Tone King amps, since I won't have time to play them now....sigh, that hurts the most. Lol. As long as someone in the house is playing good music loud, I'm happy. ;)

Curt.

When I was younger my dad did the same thing. I got all his music gear since he was no longer in a band and working full time to provide for us. Over the years he has not only got most of his gear back but also shares all mine also. Just make sure your son appreciates what he has and takes care of it. Don't think of it as a loss but as a gain of more gear when he starts buying stuff also. lol

atreidesheir

My life is completely upside-down right now and has been for a while.  All my hobbies and passions have had to be on hold while everything else became the priority.  I have to look forward or I am constantly miserable.  Just remind yourself the tough times are temporary and you Are doing what can be done to be happier and more secure.  Be strong and share strength from friends and loved ones.  If there are Gilmour tones in the house it is a sign things will be ok.   
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

ch1naski

There is plenty of Gilmour sounds in the house. :)

Curt.

one louder.

alanp

There is an old Maori proverb --

QuoteHe aha te mea nui o te ao?
He tangata! He tangata! He tangata!

Or, to translate,

QuoteWhat is the most important thing in the world?
It is people! It is people! It is people!

Take care of the people around you :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website