News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Egodriver!!

Started by petesz, March 04, 2011, 12:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

Heres an Egodriver I finished up today. Sounds great! Used a bunch of components I hadnt used before like the isolated jacks (really good) and a miniture sized 3pdt (really hard to wire but i like the clicking action on it). I was going to wire up the road rage inside to make it switchable between 9V and ~18V but couldnt wait for the components to arrive haha.
Painted black with gold sparkle and yellow and purple splatter.
One thing I notice (and its the same with my V.3 OCD) is the tone changes dramatically when you crank the volume control, sounds like it really comes to life. Is there a circuit based reason for this eg is the volume control connected to a part of the circuit that would do this? Or is it just that its pushing my amp harder..?

[attachment deleted by admin]

k.rock!

Great work dude!! I'm a sucker for black pedals, they look sexy  8) The splatter work is awesome too!
You have any gut shots? :) We love to see those too!

I agree with what you say about the tone knob, I would be very interested to know if there's a reason as well...

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your mini 3pdt?

Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

stecykmi

The filter section is directly connected to the output so i believe the frequency response of the filter is altered by the position of the volume knob. it's a bit of a design flaw actually. a buffer or another gain stage (as if this pedal needed it...) after the filter would fix that.

ALSO, I how did you do the sparkles? I want sparkles!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice job! Super clean looking build and finish is nice!!!
How do you like it?

Quote from: stecykmi on March 04, 2011, 09:13:17 AM

Yes please tell!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

B_of_H

looks good!

I'm not sure why you would want to run it at 9v if you've got the road rage in there, sounds best to me at all settings at 18v.  I wouldn't want a buffer in there, the problem being that when i've tried putting the buffer after the tone stack and prior to the volume it changed the sound and feel of the circuit too much.  It was definitely brighter and harsher to go along with a little bit of lost dynamics.  I tried some simple transistor buffers and a tl071 buffer and messed around with the input impedance etc...  It wasn't worth it in the end IMO but i'm sure others will feel differently. 

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 04, 2011, 09:24:36 AM
Nice job! Super clean looking build and finish is nice!!!
How do you like it?

Quote from: stecykmi on March 04, 2011, 09:13:17 AM

Yes please tell!

+1.

petesz

Thanks for the kind words!

Maybe it was deceptive of me to say "sparkles", but i used a gold spray paint with a fine mist nozzle from a distance to give it that kind of sparkle effect, whereas the yellow and purple had a thicker nozzle for more of a splatter effect. Maybe you can tell I really enjoying painting the enclosures.. ;)

Interesting about the way the volume pot is wired in this circuit, I knew i could hear a noticeable difference with it turned up, thanks for that info stecykml and B_of_H. I do like it anyway, seems to have a wider tone knob range than my V3 OCD too.

The mini 3pdt i got from pedalpartsaustralia.com.

Heres a gut shot too, although most of the wiring is hidden because i decided to mount the pcb solder side up for this one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

redbean

es là-bas!!