News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ICBM / Dirty Deeds / Buzzalike

Started by juansolo, December 20, 2013, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

ICBM
A '78 IC Big Muff board from Poodle Pedal Parts here in the UK. I didn't have an IC Big Muff, now I do.

Dirty Deeds
I've been meaning to make a DLS clone for ages. Poodle Pedal Parts having a PCB just made it easy.

Buzzalike
This is IvIark's Buzzalike layout. Made to experiment with and ended up quite liking it so it got dropped in one of ColesBD's prismatic black enclosures.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

croquet hoop

Great decal choice for the ICBM  :D Classy builds as always, I love the guts of the Buzzalike with the vero and the huge pots.

juansolo

They were just old pots when we were trying things with it. Decided to leave them on when I boxed it up :) I'd have made it prettier, but I couldn't be arsed ;)

Droogie

Slim Pickins 'd be proud to be on that one!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

hylandren

As usual, incredibly clean inside and I especially love the ICBM name and nod to "Dr Strangelove".
Not sure what you do to get your boards so freakishly clean, but man, those things look clean enough to eat off of!

I spray my boards with flux remover and then use a toothbrush on them. While it really helps clean them up a lot, they're nothing like yours...

jubal81

Brilliant stuff. Poodle has tons of boards available and they get over here pretty quickly, too.

Being the Muff master, what's you opinion on how the Opamp version compares?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

That prismatic black enclosure looks awesome. I also love your art for the OPAmp BM. Great job as usual.

lincolnic

Can't believe you didn't have an op-amp Muff already! Everyone should have one, I love those things.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: lincolnic on December 20, 2013, 11:03:08 PM
Can't believe you didn't have an op-amp Muff already! Everyone should have one, I love those things.

Quoted for truth!

Kinki fuzz

Love the "dirty deeds" name for the DLS!! and the decal of the IC muff is cool 2. Very inspiring!

juansolo

Quote from: jubal81 on December 20, 2013, 01:51:09 PM
Brilliant stuff. Poodle has tons of boards available and they get over here pretty quickly, too.

Being the Muff master, what's you opinion on how the Opamp version compares?

Lightning delivery here. No idea why I've never ordered from him before. I'll certainly be grabbing more.

ICBM is different... Aggressive, but still sounds like a muff. It's really good, the tone lift switch on it is a bit eye opening. I think the muff's tone stack has a lot to do with the overall muffiness of a circuit ;)

Quote from: hylandren on December 20, 2013, 01:26:21 PM
As usual, incredibly clean inside and I especially love the ICBM name and nod to "Dr Strangelove".
Not sure what you do to get your boards so freakishly clean, but man, those things look clean enough to eat off of!

I spray my boards with flux remover and then use a toothbrush on them. While it really helps clean them up a lot, they're nothing like yours...

I've never used flux remover, I probably should. Sometimes they can be a bit messy though. The Buzzaround was just thrown together for example. It depends how much effort I've invested in making it pretty ;)

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 20, 2013, 01:52:23 PM
That prismatic black enclosure looks awesome.

It's full of stars!  :o

davent

Quote from: juansolo on December 21, 2013, 02:20:09 AM

Quote from: hylandren on December 20, 2013, 01:26:21 PM

I've never used flux remover, I probably should. Sometimes they can be a bit messy though. The Buzzaround was just thrown together for example. It depends how much effort I've invested in making it pretty ;)

Good, well practiced soldering technique- not too much, not too little solder, quick in and out with the iron= great looking boards like here.

Great looking pedals, thanks for sharing!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

chuckbuick

alanp

Quote from: davent on December 21, 2013, 08:34:11 AM
Good, well practiced soldering technique- not too much, not too little solder, quick in and out with the iron= great looking boards like here.

I'd say that being able to accurately estimate wire length needed is just as important as soldering technique, here.

Great as always, John :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website