News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The "SWEET things I got for Christmas" thread 2013!!!

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, December 25, 2013, 05:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

My family all pitched in and got me this little thing..

It's a JBC CD-2BC and yes, it's all that.

Rockhorst

That's some soldering iron!
I can't build pedals in January, I'll be busy with the Batman Arkham Origins game I got.

juansolo

I've got this to build :)

Half of the money for it will come from selling the old one. Cheap these are not!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Thomas_H

DIY-PCBs and projects:

pickdropper

Quote from: Thomas_H on December 26, 2013, 06:56:24 AM
Quote from: juansolo on December 26, 2013, 05:53:46 AM
I've got this to build :)

I am jealous!

Me too!

I did get a fun thing: a Makey Makey.  It lets you use anything even slightly conductive as an input device.  So you can make a video game controller out of a bowl of fruit or by drawing on a piece of paper with a graphite pencil.  The ridiculous possibilities are endless.

www.makeymakey.com
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimijam

Quote from: muddyfox on December 26, 2013, 04:47:24 AM

My family all pitched in and got me this little thing..

It's a JBC CD-2BC and yes, it's all that.
Jeolous! they make some amazing tools. would love to get a setup from them
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

destro

Besides the most excellent current lover I won in the pif, I got 100 of those smt j201....damn they're tiny!!

gordo

My wife got me an autographed picture of Walter Kronkite.  I'm old enough to have been a kid during the moon missions and the coolest part of space flight was Walt.  Right up there with Hendrix for being smooth...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

derevaun

I got like 3lbs of grocery shelf coffee beans. I am rather into coffee, go to great effort to avoid having coffee go more than a couple weeks past its roast date, drive halfway across town to avoid Starbucks.

But I'd rather drink reboiled diner fluid than miss out on the collective ritual of thought and effort that is Christmas giving. Anyway, stale beans are perfect for cold brewing  8)

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on December 26, 2013, 06:54:10 PM
My wife got me an autographed picture of Walter Kronkite.  I'm old enough to have been a kid during the moon missions and the coolest part of space flight was Walt.  Right up there with Hendrix for being smooth...
That's just cool right there,mi don't care who you are. That man is a legend.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

whitebread47

My mom, as usual, got me a bunch of funky vintage western pearl snap shirts.  My girlfriend's dad gave me a watch, which I later found out was like $700 new (he got a new one and gave me his old one).  Glad he likes me, haha!

But the coolest gear-related gift was from my dad: a Gretsch bar stool.

This one (photo harvested from ze googles):

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

GermanCdn

Vox handwired AC15 head.  I'm not sure how my wife figured that one out, suspect she walked into my favourite guitar store, told them she was my wife, and asked for them to pick out something I didn't have.  Nonetheless, clearly the collective effort worked.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Curtis. That's a heck of an amp. Love that one.

I didn't get any gear. I did get a cool book about the history of the greatest sports team in history - the Maple Leafs.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

alanp

Quote from: whitebread47 on December 26, 2013, 09:25:44 PM
But the coolest gear-related gift was from my dad: a Gretsch bar stool.

The image looks like a miniature :)

Glad to hear everyone is having a good time with friends and family (of the blood, and of the heart.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website