News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Who says building pedals isn't lucrative?

Started by Droogie, September 02, 2014, 07:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

I don't really build for anything other than my own use , but I don't have a lot of room to store 80+ pedals—and I can't seem to stop building. So I end up giving some away. And sometimes, I trade pedals for several pounds of meat:

A pal at work asked me about which compressor to buy, and I told him I'd just hook him up with one of the 7 or 8 comps I have on hand.  I gave him an Engineer's Thumb. Needless to say he was thrilled with it and in return surprised me with some pork shoulder straight from the smoker. Not a bad way to come into work after a long weekend!

And, I now have an excuse to build another ET!

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

midwayfair

However, you can't ask him to make the same trade in the future. It's considered rude to demand a pound of flesh!

That looks delicious.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Droogie

Quote from: midwayfair on September 02, 2014, 08:13:51 AM
However, you can't ask him to make the same trade in the future. It's considered rude to demand a pound of flesh!

That looks delicious.

Fortunately for me, as a New Yorker I have a reputation for rudeness already, but I'm not Shy.

Quote from: jimilee on September 02, 2014, 11:15:00 AM
Excellent!! I traded for a strat once.

How was it on a bun with cole slaw?

And I had some for dinner and it was righteous! Yum!

lincolnic

Droogie, listen...you're in Brooklyn, I'm in Brooklyn...you like pulled pork, I like pulled pork...what I'm saying is, you need to introduce me to your friend.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Droogie

Quote from: lincolnic on September 02, 2014, 08:07:32 PM
Droogie, listen...you're in Brooklyn, I'm in Brooklyn...you like pulled pork, I like pulled pork...what I'm saying is, you need to introduce me to your friend.

I appreciate the fact that this DIY pedal community is incredibly open and forthright about the sharing of information and the folks here are great at helping each other out. If you ever needed a part right away, I'd definitely help out if I was able; if you needed voltages, I'd gladly take a pedal off the board and supply them...

But this is delicious, home-smoked, painstakingly slow-cooked pork BBQ we're talking about here.

blearyeyes

QuoteBut this is delicious, home-smoked, painstakingly slow-cooked pork BBQ we're talking about here.

I get that..

Totally get that.

lincolnic

Quote from: Droogie on September 03, 2014, 08:44:19 AM
Quote from: lincolnic on September 02, 2014, 08:07:32 PM

I appreciate the fact that this DIY pedal community is incredibly open and forthright about the sharing of information and the folks here are great at helping each other out. If you ever needed a part right away, I'd definitely help out if I was able; if you needed voltages, I'd gladly take a pedal off the board and supply them...

But this is delicious, home-smoked, painstakingly slow-cooked pork BBQ we're talking about here.

So it's war you want, eh?

Droogie

Quote from: lincolnic on September 03, 2014, 07:37:46 PM
So it's war you want, eh?

Yeah, I keep the identity of the bbq source inside a man-sized safe at an undisclosed location.