News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slambox

Started by Matt, December 29, 2013, 07:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Finally built a 1590a pedal.  I went with the Slambox because of the low parts count.  I was originally planning to build an Orman mini booster but decided on the mosfet boost instead.   The only change I made was adding a pull down resistor.   

I didn't rock it before I boxed it and to my surprise the pot was scratchy.  I cleaned it a couple of times, then since I had a second 5kc, I switched it out.  Then I thought I remembered that this was the same as a zvex sho.  And I also thought I remembered reading that it was "crackle okay" so I looked up the schematic....  I can laugh about it now.

Anyway, here it is.
Matt

selfdestroyer

Great job, That was a funny story about the pot. Glad you can laugh about it.. I can only imagine how mad I would have been. LOL

Rockhorst

I basically stopped rocking before boxing...works 90% of the times and when it doesn't it's a PITA ::)

Matt

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 29, 2013, 10:36:59 PM
Great job, That was a funny story about the pot. Glad you can laugh about it.. I can only imagine how mad I would have been. LOL
Yeah, had it been a more complicated circuit I wouldn't have been able to laugh it off so easy.  But I thought it was funny and had to share it.  The other thing is that the original pot was noisy ( I could hear static in the background) and needed to be cleaned which just added to my confusion.

Quote from: Rockhorst on December 30, 2013, 03:18:48 PM
I basically stopped rocking before boxing...works 90% of the times and when it doesn't it's a PITA ::)

Haha.  It's a bad habit but I'm guilty of it too.  When something goes wrong with one of my builds that I've already boxed, I'll leave it for a few days before I troubleshoot it.  I get excited / impatient so sometimes it's just best for me to step away.

I usually breadboard a circuit first then double check the schematic with the layout I've created.  So, in theory, I can't screw it up.
Matt