News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greasejob (Madbean Greasegun)

Started by rullywowr, December 30, 2013, 05:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

I call it..."Greasejob"  :o

The pictures really don't do the dormant blue sparkle justice, but it looks very sparkly in real life.  I ended up powdercoating it twice after boning the first copper dormant sparkle by using "non-chlorinated" brake cleaner...don't use that near powdercoat I found out the hard way.   :'(

I used a white LED with one of my 3PDT breakout boards with a trim pot for LED brightness.  This PCB is growing on me.  At first I didn't like it much but it really responds well with a slightly dirty channel on a tube amp as Bean suggested.  The best description that comes to mind is "chewy" kind of OD.  Really makes my Fender Blues Deluxe sound nice and...well...errr.. chewy!  I dig.  Hard to put a finger on any other type of drive that gives that gritty, chewy sound.  I will try to get some sound samples up soon.  :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Love it, great job. Nice faceplate also. I wish the metallic paint took better pictures also. I used a few and they look so dull in photos but they look awesome in person. This pedal has been on my board a few weeks and I really like it. Get some nice low gain grit to all out fuzz.

jimilee

You have these stomp boards on osh park? I just realized this would be great with the really bright blue leds
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

micromegas

This looks really cool. Dig the faceplate too. It's a pity I'll have to wait to february to build mine...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Cortexturizer

Quote from: rullywowr on December 30, 2013, 05:55:14 PM
IHard to put a finger on any other type of drive that gives that gritty, chewy sound.  I will try to get some sound samples up soon.  :)
This is nice to hear. I knew that mr. Bean is gonna offer something unique on the table.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rullywowr

Thanks for all the positive comments!   :)

@jimi = I haven't had a chance to look at this 3PDT PCB since I designed it in July, and was using Eagle back then.  I will take a look soon to verify everything and see if I can't release it as an open-source thing for the community.  I really like the small size and the ability to use a trimmer to adjust the LED.  Fits in a 1590A fine.  On a really tight build you can use a Piher trimmer (which has top and bottom adjust) and mount underneath but the Tayda Bourns knockoffs work fine on top of the boards for most builds as seen above.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!