News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One Filter PCB - To Use or Not to Use?

Started by Gilmourisgod, December 29, 2013, 01:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilmourisgod

I am in the final stretch of assembling my Harbinger One. I have managed to fit the little filter PCB in, but it's a real PITA in a 1590BB Tall. I've read conflicting threads about the necessity for it. I'll be running the pedal on a 9V Onespot wall wart along with four or five other 9V effects. Any consensus out there? Some say the main PCB onboard filtering is sufficient, but I have to assume Madbean wouldn't have included it if it wasn't necessary.

midwayfair

You're running it on 9V with the charge pump, correct? Via the road range? The Road Rage has filtering pre- and post-charge pump, and that and the on-board filtering should not only be sufficient but perhaps even overkill. Mine makes no noise at all on a one-spot.

Gilmourisgod

The charge pump is built into the PCB, isn't it.? I didn't use the road rage, power goes from 9v jack to filter pcb, then into 9v pads on main pcb. Why would I need an offboard power supply?

midwayfair

Quote from: Gilmourisgod on December 29, 2013, 10:31:04 PM
The charge pump is built into the PCB, isn't it.?

Derp, you're right. Ignore that part. What I said still applies, though, it has filtering before and after the charge pump. You most likely won't need the extra filtering.

Kinki fuzz

I built it for 9v also, didn't use the extra board, works perfectly

rullywowr

Ditto...the filtering board is only for an external 18v PSU.  I built mine with the 9v option and didn't use the board...all is good!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pryde

Gilmourisgod

Thanks all, losing the filter pcb leaves more space for my big borky amp jewel light. Sweet!