News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MkI tonebender

Started by dwstanford, March 07, 2011, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwstanford

The pastyface is awesome, but I would love to see a project for the mkI tone bender.  I know it is a bitch to bias, but I have to have one.  Now that i think of it, I would like to see a vox tonebender project as well.  Since you have so much free time, just go ahead and do all the tonebender variations  :).   I'll build them all in one giant six foot long enclosure.

madbean

LOL, okay. Well, I do like fuzzes, and they are easy projects for me to do here. So, I'd say the MkI is a possibility.

dwstanford

Ive tried to build a mk1, but it did not turn out that great.  It would sound almost good if the fuzz knob was on one certain setting, but if you turn it up or down, it goes farty.  I biased it every way I knew how, but never got it sounding better than that.  I gave up after a while and used the transistors for a mkii. 

bigmufffuzzwizz

I second this request! I would definitely buy one or possibly a few! ;D I really like all the old projects that cost WAY too much to purchase an original but go together so easy.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

Okay, I'll probably do this one. I think I can make it so that the biasing is easier and you can use any set of transistors.

dwstanford

that would be awesome.  thanks. 

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: madbean on March 14, 2011, 02:44:22 AM
Okay, I'll probably do this one. I think I can make it so that the biasing is easier and you can use any set of transistors.

That would be great. Do you think its possible to get this circuit sounding good with silicon transistors?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals