News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2014 - State of Affairs

Started by madbean, January 08, 2014, 09:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Already the best DIY pedal stop on the 'Net as far as I'm concerned. Plan sounds outstanding, though. Great direction.
I also love that it continues the trend that this is becoming more and more a 'maker' type community with people designing their own effects and layouts and supporting and encouraging each other.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

neve1272

honestly this forum feels the friendliest  im not as scared to to try to participate and share ...and mostly ask questions

it already is the center of my education in this hobby

many thanks
Kip

billstein

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on January 10, 2014, 12:36:35 PM
5 years is outstanding! Congrats on that! All your points sound fantastic..15 new designs to choose from..geez! What about some MBP t shirts?

I think a Madbean T-shirt would be most excellent. It would be an honor to wear it.
I could be picking my guitar with my Madbean pick, playing through my Madbean pedal while wearing my Madbean t-shirt. Get a Madbean coffee cup and life will be sweet.  :)

pickdropper

Quote from: billstein on January 10, 2014, 01:58:47 PM
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on January 10, 2014, 12:36:35 PM
5 years is outstanding! Congrats on that! All your points sound fantastic..15 new designs to choose from..geez! What about some MBP t shirts?

I think a Madbean T-shirt would be most excellent. It would be an honor to wear it.
I could be picking my guitar with my Madbean pick, playing through my Madbean pedal while wearing my Madbean t-shirt. Get a Madbean coffee cup and life will be sweet.  :)

I'm in for a T-Shirt but only if it has been cryogenically treated.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Now you're talking as long as it's not $25.00. If it is, I need guarantees.
1. Wife will be naked 24 / 7
2. No more debugging
3. 2 words....Rock god
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spaceboss

Quote from: jimilee on January 10, 2014, 04:37:10 PM
Now you're talking as long as it's not $25.00. If it is, I need guarantees.
1. Wife will be naked 24 / 7
2. No more debugging
3. 2 words....Rock god

None of those things can be ruled out as a possibility. For sure, none of those will happen  if you don't get the shirt. (maybe rock god, just for a little while).

Tremster

Shrtyska9

How about a cryogenically treated madbean beer koozie?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Richard

madbean

I'm okay with a 5th anniversary shirt. Not something I would normally do, but why not for the occasion? I'll look into it.

juansolo

Quote from: madbean on January 08, 2014, 09:13:36 AMUltimately, my goal is to put MBP at the forefront of DIY pedal building...not just as a place to buy PCBs. I think these projects will help accomplish that goal.

It already is for me. I participate far more in this site than any other (even though I do read them all daily). It has a friendly community of like-minded people, but most importantly manages to remain accessible. This I feel is a problem with some of the other DIY sites that can be a bit cliquey at times and occasionally borderline hostile. People here seem to be very level headed, I like that.

Quote from: madbean on January 11, 2014, 10:49:29 AMI'm okay with a 5th anniversary shirt. Not something I would normally do, but why not for the occasion? I'll look into it.

I'm up for a 'bean shirt. Most of my shirts have holes in these days and I'm not going to enough gigs to replace them fast enough ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

icecycle66

I'm gonna jump on the tshirt wagon just for the push.

xenocoder

Shirt would definitely be cool. All the work is appreciated and your perspective on "fair use" is more than fair in my humble opinion. OK I'll return to lurk status, just wanted to come out of the cave to say thank you. But yeah a shirt would be cool as it gets cold in here :)

alanp

I'll have my dead unicorn shirt, and my Mr Bean shirt as well :) Good stuff
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

I'll wear my Madbean shirt instead of my LA Lakers shirt for obvious reasons. :(

timbo_93631

I was looking at my t-shirt drawer tonight and thinking about donating most of what's in there to Goodwill.  Only thing I keep wearing right now is an Austin City Limits Live tee (sent my wife's folks to see Keb Mo and got the shirt in return, pretty awesome!) and a tour shirt from my buddy Daren's band I got when they came through this summer.  The rest is bunk.  I need a MBP 5th anni tee to up the count of keepers.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups