News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New toy arrived today!

Started by stevie1556, January 11, 2014, 07:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

Mr stupid here managed to crack the neck on my favourite guitar (Ibanez S470) when I was a bit tipsy in the summer. By tipsy I mean rather drunk after a BBQ. While on ebay looking for a new neck, I saw a gorgeous S body with a quilted maple top and couldn't resist it!

It was supposed to be a nice cheap project, but after doing research on an Ibanez hard case, Ibanez Lo-Pro trem, nice pickups, etc, it's going to end up costing a fair amount more then first planned. I'm thinking about a gold trem and pickup surrounds on it. My current S series have the V7, V8 and S1 pickups so I'm thinking about using something else in this one.

Unfortunately, a laser engraver and CNC milling machine are going to be bought before the guitar bits so it's going to wait a while.

A few pics of it as I'm a complete sucker for quilted maple tops! The last picture is my current S series.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Rockhorst

I always found the V7 and V8 pickups to be very weak. They're in my Ibanez RG520, only reason why I don't change them is nostalgia.

Anyway, have fun building up that guitar! Gorgeous body!

hoodoo

Very Nice mate.....Must......control......GAS...........Must........ not........push........BIN........button........Must........control.......urges......BAM!!!!!!! Too Late, Sorry wife, but it was too good a deal to pass up, and i reeaaally... needed it. ;)  ;D

stevie1556

hoodoo - the ex gave me so much grief when i bought anything guitar related, but now I'm single I can't be moaned at! The joys of being single!

Rockhorst - I agree with you there. My current one may have the V1 and V2 pickups, I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll be looking at putting something a bit hotter in this one though, just not sure yet.

atreidesheir - I'm a sucker for quilted maple tops!

marmaliser

A Dmiarzio Breed sounds fantastic in the Neck of my RG550