News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

COMPLETE -Tremopanation - Lovetone Wobulator build thread (was: Teasing is fun!)

Started by alanp, January 11, 2014, 07:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/lg94calD

This is the same electrically as my built version, but I've fixed the rate pot location problem, and also touched up the layout a bit. (The S1D and S2D pads are still in stupid locations, not much I can do about that without major hassle.) This uploaded version, I haven't built, but it should be the same as what I have built. I'll work up a PDF in a few hours or days to show the BOM and external wiring.

Please, please report back if you order this and get it going.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

rullywowr

That is super awesome Alan. Your PCB projects are always epic.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on January 19, 2014, 12:12:47 PM
http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/lg94calD

This is the same electrically as my built version, but I've fixed the rate pot location problem, and also touched up the layout a bit. (The S1D and S2D pads are still in stupid locations, not much I can do about that without major hassle.) This uploaded version, I haven't built, but it should be the same as what I have built. I'll work up a PDF in a few hours or days to show the BOM and external wiring.

Please, please report back if you order this and get it going.

Killer share. Ill order this for sure. Many thanks again.
Looking back to when I first got into DIY, there wasnt even a vero for the lovetone big cheese.
Now, we can build workalikes for the whole line.
I take a tiny bit of credit for some of my contributions (1st big cheese vero, 1st Doppelganger R.E), but you have done some incredible work and made a sterling PCB collection. Deep gratitude, my friend.

agoldoor

Holy CRAP! Good on you Alan!!! Amazing work! I'm absolutely floored by this one.

I don't need to, but I basically completely echo LaceS's statement... I just am baffled that the entire line of Lovetone has been made DIY-able. So amazing.

So now... when will this one get offered as a PCB for sale by one of you guys? ;-)

alanp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua5dg938tabk7nh/Tremopanation%201.0.pdf

See my sig for the OSH link.

I still haven't boxed and wrapped this one up, so there is a certain element of experimentation and troubleshooting required. I don't really recommend this build for someone new to pedal DIY.

Sorry for the messy wiring diagram. (I pinched some icons from Lace. Hopefully he doesn't mind.) I tried to keep it clear with different colour wires.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

(Mostly) Complete!

Just need to add the transformers (they ship on 10/2/14) and replace the LDR's -- the depth isn't getting enough sweep. But you get some, and the rest is what the stomp is for ;)

Oh, and...

CLONE ALL THE LOVETONES!

- Terry Pratchett
My website

LaceSensor

Hey Alan

Just a thing for your build doc or whatnot, you should you use a switching jack for R out (stereo) with the tip connected to the transformer output (via the phase switch, of course) and the switch connection going to the tip of the L out (mono) so that when nothing is inserted in the R output, the two tremolos sum to mono.

I have implemented this on my build, and it works.
Make sure to tie all signal grounds to both the L AND R jacks from the Transformer outputs..

Best regards

Ian

alanp

Finally got around to socketing the LDR in mine.

20k/20meg (that's twenty meg) from SB works GREAT in this circuit, I'd recommend using this 'un. Lovely, deep trem.

Oh, and:

Haven't done that yet, not energetic enough to drill the case for the switch.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

LaceSensor

at the very least you need to add a wire so your L+R outputs sum to mono ;)

Plus, the phase switch literally does double the number of toans, well worth the bother