News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmo Tremolo - stereo tap tempo with all the things

Started by midwayfair, January 12, 2014, 12:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

Huge build! And a stunning artwork! Well done, Jon!  :D
I'm quite jealous of the guys that got it. This thing sounds amazing! :)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

pickdropper

Wow Jon, that's great.  I can see why you wouldn't want to do another one.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

It reminds me of a Dr. Scientist pedal...yes, it's on that level!  :)

LaceSensor

Amazing build

pretty Dr sci, although Ryan would have a 4 layer board in a 125B (!) the crazy legend

midwayfair

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 13, 2014, 08:34:13 AM
pretty Dr sci, although Ryan would have a 4 layer board in a 125B (!) the crazy legend

That circuit board could fit in a 125B even on perfboard (it's pretty much the same size as the one I used for my Tap Tempo Cardinal a while back, which was a two-layer PCB in a horizontal 125), but the 7 jacks and extra toggle and expression rotary --- nnnnnnnope.

DutchMF

That is a seriously kick-ass build Jon! Is there a reason you used 2 different types of jacks? Regardless, I bet if you would build more of these, they'd sell in a heartbeat. Top notch!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

midwayfair

Quote from: DutchMF on January 13, 2014, 08:47:28 AM
Is there a reason you used 2 different types of jacks?

Yes -- the enclosed jacks are switched. The right input and expression needed to be switched. I used the same type of jack for the left input even though it could have been a normal TRS open jack simply because it fit better and didn't look funny sticking out of the back. I used open jacks for the four on the "out" side because that was the only way they'd all fit and it saved me the trouble of figuring out where to ground the enclosure.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

Quote from: midwayfair on January 13, 2014, 08:41:11 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on January 13, 2014, 08:34:13 AM

That circuit board could fit in a 125B even on perfboard (it's pretty much the same size as the one I used for my Tap Tempo Cardinal a while back, which was a two-layer PCB in a horizontal 125), but the 7 jacks and extra toggle and expression rotary --- nnnnnnnope.

Not tap tempo but:

6 knobs, 2 switches, hold mode, exp input (rate and depth), true stereo, pan/synch etc
Pretty impressive.
But I digress, and do not mean to take away from your work.

midwayfair

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 13, 2014, 10:05:06 AM
But I digress, and do not mean to take away from your work.

No, it's fine -- the Tremolescence was one of the pedals the customer and I discussed before I agreed to build for him, and I love the Dr. Scientist stuff. I wanted to ensure that he couldn't get an equivalent or better pedal from a commercial source first. (The closest he could get to everything he needed was the Goatkeeper, but I think he said it's not available anymore.)

danwelsh

stevewire

raulduke

Really cool build Jon.

I'm sure your customer will be stoked with it.

mshuptar

That's outstanding - the vibe-y part is way cool!