News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I have a pretty cool grandma. (VIDEO)

Started by haveyouseenhim, January 13, 2014, 01:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

I got a call from my grandma a few minutes ago. Normally I don't like phone calls with her because they last SO long. But this one was quite interesting.

She wants me to build her a couple pedals.   What makes it even cooler is she specifically asked for a klon!   :o  8)

Now who here has been asked by a 90 year old lady to build a klon and a chorus for em?  ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

wretched

add some distortion to the Bingo callers mic  ;D

But for reals, that's killer dude.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: jimilee on January 13, 2014, 01:47:58 AM
Well why????

For her guitar of course  ;D

She plays a bit of everything with strings.

GermanCdn

My g ma plays as well, though she's at the point now where she doesn't remember she plays. 

One day I have to remember to kick my dads ass for some of the holes he put in her pre war acoustics and selling her Silverface.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Man, if I make it to 90, I really hope I can still identify a guitar out of a lineup, much less still play it!

aballen

Gledison

That is sooooooooooo cool man!
And your Grandma ís´nt old She is VINTAGE!!!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

DutchMF

Your grandma rocks! She would gain even more coolness if she came to the shooting range with you, I would pay money to see that!! My grandmothers lived to the ripe old age of 92 and 95 respectively, but they wouldn't have made it that far if they'd ever seen me play with the band.......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: DutchMF on January 13, 2014, 04:43:15 PM
Your grandma rocks! She would gain even more coolness if she came to the shooting range with you, I would pay money to see that!! My grandmothers lived to the ripe old age of 92 and 95 respectively, but they wouldn't have made it that far if they'd ever seen me play with the band.......

Paul

Haha. How much money we talkin? ;D   She probably would come to the range with me, but I don't think I would let her shoot much more than the .22 or the AR-15.

atreidesheir

Maybe she has been hanging out at TGP.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

billstein

My grandmother liked Hendrix, I always thought that was cool BUT if she asked me to build her an Octavia so she could play Hendrix that would have been awesome.

haveyouseenhim

Well I feel a bit stupid. :-[  She's actually 79 years old. When I said 90 I was just spitballin'
Still though, that's pretty awesome to have her ask for a klon.

jimilee

I bet this the longest thread about a Grandma on this forum ever!!! How about some sounds clips of Grandma shredding a klone! No seriously, she sounds like a hip chic!