News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3005's from synthcube

Started by chromesphere, January 12, 2014, 11:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi guys,
Once I get onto something im like a dog with a bone!  I wont stop until I reach my goal, or crash and burn in the process :D (usually the later)
Anyway, I found another small webstore called Synthcube that sell these chips.  The guy says he tests them individually (hah...so did funkward).
Has anyone had any experience with them / specially their mn3005s?  I've contacted them and asked for pricing.  Im concerned its actually the same guy.
Cheers
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jhigginb

I've bought three from them.  All three were good but only one had a video test available. The other two were unmarked. And most definitely not the same guy. Synth cube is a group if guys state side.

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chromesphere

Thanks Jamie, he says his mn3005's are individually tested.  I read that stuff about the video / photos etc.  TBH I don't really care about that stuff as long as the chips actually work :D Good to hear you had a good experience.  Cheers
Paul

jkokura

No experience Paul, but I'm willing to help and I have a working Dirtbag with real MN3005 chips in it already.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

chromesphere

Thanks Jacob, still waiting on a response from synthcube, will update when more info comes up.

jtn191

chromesphere

Hate to say it but I don't think im going to get a response from synthcube.  If I do ill update the thread but I reckon its a dead dinosaur at this point.

Stomptown

I'm not too surprised. Unfortunately mn3005s are a gamble at this point. A group buy could be a real headache. I did find a decent deal here on the forum though. I personally think that is the safest bet...

chromesphere

I forgot to update the thread!  Synthcube responded, they said they could take off about $4 per bbd, as their profit margin is small.  Totally understand.  They individually test each BBD.  Cant have them work for nothing.  But unfortunately at $4 cheaper per bbd, that's not 'group buy' worthy...may not be a saving at all once you factor in 2 x shipping.

If your after mn3005's at retail price, I would go with them as they are tested.  Other retailers (ebay) have stated they are tested, but on closer inspection we have found they are not.  These guys are probably your safest bet.

GrindCustoms

How many 3005 you got a buy to get the 4$ off?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

chromesphere

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

chromesphere

I think initially it was 10 for samples followed by an order of 90.  So your looking at approx. 3600 bucks worth of bbds.  I would be pretty confident they would work properly.  I'm just not willing to take on that sort of $$$ in a trade :D