News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So i just opened an Ibanez AD-9 Delay pedal and....

Started by chromesphere, January 15, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

*** whoops!  Posted in wrong section!  Mods please feel free to move.  Apologies :(

...there's only 1 x mn3205 in there.  Are these pedals using a .2 second chip and just extending it beyond its delay time?  I haven't used this pedal since I was 15, I cant remember the delay time you can get out of it, but I could swear it was longer then 200-300ms...
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimijam

Quote from: chromesphere on January 15, 2014, 02:59:40 PM
*** whoops!  Posted in wrong section!  Mods please feel free to move.  Apologies :(

...there's only 1 x mn3205 in there.  Are these pedals using a .2 second chip and just extending it beyond its delay time?  I haven't used this pedal since I was 15, I cant remember the delay time you can get out of it, but I could swear it was longer then 200-300ms...
Paul
no it's a little more than a slapback echo. about 325 ms max
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

chromesphere

aah....ok!  Looking forward to messing around with it tonight.  Might make a good test pedal as the bbd has a socket and trimpots as well.
Paul

atreidesheir

http://www.analogman.com/IbanezMaxonAD91.htm
He adjusts and compares the ibanez and maxon versions.  It gets more interesting on page 2.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

chromesphere

That's interesting, ill have to read through the whole thing.  One difference between my pedal and the 2 in the review is mines from the 80's :D Its old school. 

I was comparing it last night to my aquaboy, and I think either the calibration has drifted, or it was never set up properly to start off with.  Its ridiculous short (slap on max).  200ms as measure by my sound recorder, isn't slap.  You should be able to hear the first delay signal with a very slight pause following your original signal.  Anyway, its got trimpots so I might mess around with it and see what happens  :o