News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First couple of Eagle/Osh projects

Started by sonarchotic, January 20, 2014, 01:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

Thanks to jkokura for the great Eagle tutorials! This first one started out with Kaycee's John Hornby Skewe's Treble Booster schematic. I found the JHSkewe's Selectatone which is about the same but with a few different values and selectable output caps so I did a mash up of the two. Selectable input and output caps with a BC108. Kinda goes from transistor radio sounding to treble boost to a more full and nasally rawk sound. Purple sparkle paint from PPP. UV led to finish the whole purple thing.

This is a Fuzz Face. One trimmer per transistor so it can dial in some different sounds and take whatever kind of transistors. Board mount pots. The board was made for a 1590a but this is for a trade and the guy wanted a battery option. The finish is some kind of semi-transparent paper with a design on it I got from a hobby store. Not thrilled with it but worth an experiment. Bc108's in this one too and it sounds pretty damn good.  I called the board Silly Face cause of the bc108's and all and then realized Runoffgroove had already used that name and it wasn't even all that appropriate since you could just as easily use ge's if you wanted.

rullywowr

Congratulations!  It's an awesome feeling getting PCBs you designed the layouts for. Opens up a whole new realm of possibilities.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

sonarchotic

Thanks man! I am really enjoying going from breadboard to pcb layout and it's really deepened my understanding of what's going on in the circuits I'm building.

micromegas

I love that 1590A purple box!!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io