News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quasar Question (C1)

Started by PhiloB, January 26, 2014, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

I messed up ordering.  I didn't order C1 - 47nF.  Can I substitute another value or is this a critical value.  I've socketed the PCB at that point so that I can hopefully test the circuit and replace the cap with the appropriate value when I get it. 
So, can I jump it with a wire just to test? I have an extra 100nF I could use.
Thanks for any help!
P
I'm including the Quasar PDF

Leevibe

I dont know that circuit but i think 2 100nF in series should be close enough (50nF) for test purposes. 

PhiloB

Thanks LeeVibe.  I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

RobA

Moving C1 to 100nF is most likely going to be fine for this. It'll just let a bit more bass through. Depending on the input impedance, you may not even notice any difference.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jkokura

22nf-100nf will work fine. Whatever you have in that range should work. You may find more bass content is necessary if you use a low value and may want to switch in a higher value, but if you find too much bass with a high value you should lower it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

PhiloB

PhiloB

Had to run an errand earlier today and drove by RadioShack. So I figured, I'd step in and see what they had. Picked up 47 nF capacitor for two bucks! A rip off but beats paying shipping handling. Rocked it before I boxed it and the circuit works perfectly :-)

RobA

An RS by you still has parts in it? The last one I went into only had cell phones. It's cool you were able to get the right part though.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Leevibe

Glad it's working!!  It's hard to avoid the occasional RS shopping trip.  Ours has plenty of stuff, it's just usually everything but what I need.